Getting my money back from OPC :-(

solwisesteve

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to guess c. £300.... So Leeds OPC want to charge Aberdeen OPC £1200!!!

Aberdeen OPC want to get their own company in to do the work. They're looking at a company called Luxury Detailing who are based in North Lincolnshire.

Luxury detail  

1 minute ago, solwisesteve said:

I was going to guess c. £300.... So Leeds OPC want to charge Aberdeen OPC £1200!!!

Maybe Aberdeen have ripped Leeds off in the past and they're getting their own back. :unsure:

If dealerships can't negotiate between themselves then there may be history behind this so I'd keep out of that one.  

I wouldn't mention them, i would email customer service or ring them, time to put the Doc Martins on!  Sounds as though the 2 OPC's are having a giraffe!  Can't work out how you have been so calm and collected over this, i can assure i wouldn't have been so sympathetic!

Luxury Detailing are based in Barton just across the river from us, but have no knowledge of their work.

2 hours ago, solwisesteve said:

Maybe...

I am starting to loose my rag now though. This has been going on for over a month. I've basically said time's up... get it sorted! I even mentioned Porsche GB.

Don't mention it - do it.  I have found Porsche GB to be extremely supportive, I have also found Leeds sometimes to be dilatory, and slow to call back.

11 minutes ago, RCS said:

Don't mention it - do it.  I have found Porsche GB to be extremely supportive, I have also found Leeds sometimes to be dilatory, and slow to call back.

Definitely do it.  I think Porsche would be pretty embarrassed by what you've had to put up with and will give Aberdeen OPC a hard time over it.  Not at all the Approved Used experience they promote in their publicity. 

I'd have lost my rag about three weeks ago so lasting out a month is testament to your exceptional patience.   

If you're not happy,  I would escalate it to anyone and everyone you can think of.   I'd call porsche gb and lodge a complaint with them.  I'd find out who is is charge at the opc, the dealer principal or managing director and call them directly and explain your concerns. Don't be fobbed off,  go directly to the top and don't accept any bulls hit.   

Post it on porsches  twitter feed,  public shaming normally guarantees a quick response. 

On 2/3/2017 at 7:59 PM, Leonard said:

Porsche work very hard at building and protecting their reputation. Say no more.

Unless you consider it has taken them 6 months so far to provide me with correctly addressed Porsche Assistance and Warranty documents...we are on about version 7 and I've not heard from the girl dealing with it at Silverstone OPC since 9/12/2016....even chased her on 17/1/2017 and didnt even get an acknowledgement!

Service is good when its good but 50% of the time its basic stuff the cant seem to get right...what does it take to phone or email to let someone know what the progress is!? Basic customer service is shyate in this country..Porsche are no exception

...now off to ask who Mr Brown (no initial) who lives at (line 1 and 2 of address mixed up) in (village missing entirely from address is, by email...with a CC to the OPC After sales Manager this time...

2 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

Unless you consider it has taken them 6 months so far to provide me with correctly addressed Porsche Assistance and Warranty documents...we are on about version 7 and I've not heard from the girl dealing with it at Silverstone OPC since 9/12/2016....even chased her on 17/1/2017 and didnt even get an acknowledgement!

Service is good when its good but 50% of the time its basic stuff the cant seem to get right...what does it take to phone or email to let someone know what the progress is!? Basic customer service is shyate in this country..Porsche are no exception

...now off to ask who Mr Brown (no initial) who lives at (line 1 and 2 of address mixed up) in (village missing entirely from address is, by email...with a CC to the OPC After sales Manager this time...

I think everyone may be misquoting me here :D What I meant was they work hard at hiding any shyate customer service and poor reliability ;)

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I think everyone may be misquoting me here :D What I meant was they work hard at hiding any shyate customer service and poor reliability ;)

ah ok

EDIT

but I dont think they are even that calculating...I think they are generally just as shoddy as everyone else

I've rejected my car this week (981S bought end Nov and had two return trips / without it for a month / and still have issues). In the 900 ish miles I've done about 400 ish was due to returns / issues...

They (Nottingham OPC) agree / have accepted the return due to the hassle - inconvenience - opposite of "total peace of mind" and of sub standard quality.

Very sad as it is a superb drive - best car I have owned. But appears to be a lemon (lime?).

Sales manager has been excellent - quick response to my request. Plate transfer in progress / once V5 here - eta - 2-3 days now - they will collect and refund in full.

Last drive today - in the garage awaiting collection.

I'll update the running report in due course when I have the energy to go over it all.... 

3 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

I've rejected my car this week (981S bought end Nov and had two return trips / without it for a month / and still have issues). In the 900 ish miles I've done about 400 ish was due to returns / issues...

They (Nottingham OPC) agree / have accepted the return due to the hassle - inconvenience - opposite of "total peace of mind" and of sub standard quality.

Very sad as it is a superb drive - best car I have owned. But appears to be a lemon (lime?).

Sales manager has been excellent - quick response to my request. Plate transfer in progress / once V5 here - eta - 2-3 days now - they will collect and refund in full.

Last drive today - in the garage awaiting collection.

I'll update the running report in due course when I have the energy to go over it all.... 

That's sad to hear.

Has the experience put you off looking for another 981 ?

Thank you - I know it's just a car, but it is a big deal to me. Should have been a  dream purchase - but it has been the opposite. 

It's really tricky - it is an incredible drive - as you know - if you like driving - it's right up there.

I love the styling / the sound / feel / balance etc.

At the moment - yes - I know I've been ultra unlucky - but I need a break from it for a bit until I look again. ??

4 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Thank you - I know it's just a car, but it is a big deal to me. Should have been a  dream purchase - but it has been the opposite. 

It's really tricky - it is an incredible drive - as you know - if you like driving - it's right up there.

I love the styling / the sound / feel / balance etc.

At the moment - yes - I know I've been ultra unlucky - but I need a break from it for a bit until I look again. ??

Sorry to hear that. What's gone wrong bar the drain issue then?

Very sorry to hear of all your problems, @Andy Mac.  At least you've been able to bring the matter to a definitive conclusion.

Hope that, when the pain subsides, you'll be able to consider getting another Boxster.  Next time around, it'll be brilliant!

11 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Exactly ??

Sorry for taking the thread off piste from OPs issues. I'll update in the runining report. 

Good decision to return the car, glad the OPC are taking it back without any argument. I reckon you would never be 100% happy with it, always worrying about what would go wrong next. However, take a deep breath and dive back in to the market and get a replacement you know you want to!???, and enjoy!!

Archived