Getting my money back from OPC :-(

solwisesteve

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that looks very nice!  Far better than would ever have been done at any dealership.  Even nicer when you know that the OPC is picking up the bill!  Hope you're happy with the result.

According to my detailing guy, even prestige brands usually just get one of their apprentices to give their approved used cars a quick polish before sale.  He used to do work for some dealerships,  but gave it up because they wouldn't pay him to do a proper job.

11 hours ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Oh, that looks very nice!  Far better than would ever have been done at any dealership.  Even nicer when you know that the OPC is picking up the bill!  Hope you're happy with the result.

According to my detailing guy, even prestige brands usually just get one of their apprentices to give their approved used cars a quick polish before sale.  He used to do work for some dealerships,  but gave it up because they wouldn't pay him to do a proper job.

I got exactly the same story... DON'T let the dealer wash/valet/detail your car! They will make a rush job by some minimum wage teenager that's been told no more than 30 mins on the car. It sounds like a lot of the good detailers out there have the same backgound; my guy is also ex dealership and left because he was forced to rush and do a rubbish job.

He's told me if it ever goes into the dealer for work/mot/service/etc... put notices everywhere DO NOT CLEAN!!

16 hours ago, solwisesteve said:

Detailing just finished..

See

DSCF0545_zps4fscalxf.jpg

It looks awesome. Many  congrats.  Now drive it and enjoy it! I'd love a 981 so I'm jelious although life in a 987.2 is not all bad! ? The 981 is the pinnacle for me. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, S999sws said:

I notice from its first MOT that an advisory was given for engine cover and under trays fitted. What's that all about?

steve WS 

Pretty standard for any MOT.  They are not permitted to remove them so they note them as 'obscuring some components' just to cover themselves.

4 minutes ago, mike597 said:

Pretty standard for any MOT.  They are not permitted to remove them so they note them as 'obscuring some components' just to cover themselves.

Very common comment on the advisory list these days. Nothing to worry about. Just the tested being honest and covering their backside if a fault did occur behind the covers the next day for example.

Drove to York and back at the weekend for a pop into JL and a shop at Sainsburys (and to top up with their premium petrol). Very luxurious compared to the Else though I'm finding the steering a bit remote in feeling. I also loose track as to whether the pdk is in 'manual' or 'D' but that's just a lack of driving experience. ;-)

30 minutes ago, solwisesteve said:

Yes but in the heat of the overtaking I can sometimes forget. Saying that the 'computer' won't let me do anything wrong and it even does 'kickdown' when in manual operation.

Yes, some people have complained that even when in manual the kick down does operate, but these seem to be club-footed people that can't go WOT without doing kickdown. Kick down is a definite step past WOT. I've got to say I'm usually in manual if overtaking (on single carriageways) as I like having the confidence that nothing unexpected is going to happen, but I guess that's where kick down auto comes into its own so maybe I should try that.

• 5 weeks later...

Another shocker!!!

Now for sale :-(

Sorry I'm not gelling with it. Maybe the 4 months of hassle and grief are to blame but I've done about 1500 miles and the honeymoon period has worn off.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Neigh on perfect bodywork (see piccies) and the new brakes are fantastic etc.... but I'm selling. I contacted WBAC and the offer wasn't as bad as I thought so I think that's what I'll do. If anyone wants to offer the WBAC price then that's fine with me.

Sorry but I think I'm not a Boxster person. Everyone says I'm being totally stupid to sell after only 6 months and 1500 miles but the fact is I've fallen out of love with it so better it was moved onto someone else that would appreciate it more.

Sorry to hear that you haven't "bonded" with your Boxster.  I had a similar experience, where incompetence, laziness and downright lies on the part of the supplying dealer really soured my view of a car and I was happy to see the back of it.  Don't worry about what others think or tell you: if it's not doing it for you, then time to move on.

GLWTS.  What do you think you'll get instead?

10 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Sorry to hear that you haven't "bonded" with your Boxster.  I had a similar experience, where incompetence, laziness and downright lies on the part of the supplying dealer really soured my view of a car and I was happy to see the back of it.  Don't worry about what others think or tell you: if it's not doing it for you, then time to move on.

GLWTS.  What do you think you'll get instead?

That's a nice reply, thanks. tbh I've been thinking of selling for a few weeks but I was worried what response I'd get from the forum ;-)

My original plan was to hold out until next spring in the hope that my feelings would change but I don't think waiting 6-8 months will alter things and, if it's going, then better to go now. No point in suffering the extra depreciation etc...  and it still has 18months warranty left (is that transferable?) and there's still a few months left of the summer for the next owner.

Next vehicle... not sure. I think stand back for a while before jumping in. I quite like an Evora but SWMBO needs to be pacified before that could happen - she's really pi**ed off with me deciding to sell after only 6 months.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, solwisesteve said:

Drove to York and back at the weekend for a pop into JL and a shop at Sainsburys (and to top up with their premium petrol). Very luxurious compared to the Else though I'm finding the steering a bit remote in feeling. I also loose track as to whether the pdk is in 'manual' or 'D' but that's just a lack of driving experience. ;-)

Supermarket parking. Is that wise?  

Just now, richardy said:

Supermarket parking. Is that wise?  

I had the same issue with the Elise... i.e. where to park that's safe (no knocks) and also room to get out. I now park well away from other vehicles. Next to the disabled bays if possible because that gives lots of room. Failing that the other side of the carpark where no one else wants to go ;-)

Your just being true to yourself & honest with everyone, much respect   :rocks:

To be honest since I bought the Macan & 911, the 911 hasn't been used much at all! It's not that I don't love it it's just the Macan is just 'easy'!! Very odd but very true to my usage!

GLWTS

36 minutes ago, solwisesteve said:

Another shocker!!!

Now for sale :-(

Sorry I'm not gelling with it. Maybe the 4 months of hassle and grief are to blame but I've done about 1500 miles and the honeymoon period has worn off.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Neigh on perfect bodywork (see piccies) and the new brakes are fantastic etc.... but I'm selling. I contacted WBAC and the offer wasn't as bad as I thought so I think that's what I'll do. If anyone wants to offer the WBAC price then that's fine with me.

Sorry but I think I'm not a Boxster person. Everyone says I'm being totally stupid to sell after only 6 months and 1500 miles but the fact is I've fallen out of love with it so better it was moved onto someone else that would appreciate it more.

Sorry to read this - that said if it doesn't "gel" then there's little point looking at it and being reminded of the fact.  Looks like a great car and you shouldn't have any problems selling it.

If there's any "stupidity" it sits with Porsche for their failure to deliver.  They've lost a customer who might well have purchased more cars from them.  Premium stupidity.

All the best with whatever you get - anything interesting is always welcome here.

Thanks for the understanding posts..... btw Porsche Aberdeen have delivered a parting shot... good one this...

So I went looking for the V5, thinking it must be in my Boxster folder. Not there. Phoned DVLA for a new one (thinking I must have lost it) told that the dealer never sent it in for a change of ownership!! God it just goes on and on!

New V5 ordered :-(

Spoke to Aberdeen OPC and they said 'well we had it because we taxed it... I'll investigate what happened' doesn't exactly help me 6 months down the line though!

33 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Your just being true to yourself & honest with everyone, much respect   :rocks:

To be honest since I bought the Macan & 911, the 911 hasn't been used much at all! It's not that I don't love it it's just the Macan is just 'easy'!! Very odd but very true to my usage!

GLWTS

I find that with the Cayenne...in fact I've had to go to London the last 3 days and crawling through the traffic in the 981 made me think how nice it would be to have a daily Macan and retire the 981 to special days (not that I have the space or money for 3!)

Archived