Took a knife to the boxster today...

spic

2 minutes ago, spic said:

All of the bay, seller was jella400 and jshez400 who are the same seller's as it all came in the same box ?

Ah yeh, That's DelatStyling's stuff IIRC, think I spoke to Stuart last year regarding the parts on the phone. He/they have about 3 eBay accounts and I've not heard bad things from anyone on their parts. One of the owners has/had a 986 themselves.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I wonder if @chaz771 meant in the ducts that you built, that was something I was wondering, how does it stick and will it crack?

Yer sorry that was my point! I have worked with GPR and you can create some flex in GRP but its not like the bumper for flex did you lay it up but use a different bonder after hardening? or dose the GPR resin bond well enough?

34 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I wonder if @chaz771 meant in the ducts that you built, that was something I was wondering, how does it stick and will it crack?

It's all fibre glassed in place behind the bumper so there shouldnt be any movement to cause cracking, at least there wasn't on my M3, you just have to be very careful fitting them onto the car ?

11 minutes ago, spic said:

It's all fibre glassed in place behind the bumper so there shouldnt be any movement to cause cracking, at least there wasn't on my M3, you just have to be very careful fitting them onto the car ?

Great job, can't wait to see finished article.

• 2 weeks later...

So the weekend before last I had the car painted, needs a good flat and Polish but overall it's came out nice, I meshed all the ducts out yesterday and today got everything back together again 

20170530_173032.jpg

20170530_195345.jpg

20170530_172928.jpg

20170530_195214.jpg

Thanks for the comments, It's a lot work but I'm happy with the results, I love the way the dark colour of the car keeps them looking quite discreet I also colour coded the plastics in the cabin which I think is a nice touch. 

20170530_172951_1.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-30-22-26-03.png

54 minutes ago, coullstar said:

Looks very well done.  I was looking at that front bumper lip as well on ebay and good to hear its a nice fit. 

Good job again OP.

I had that bumper lip/extension and the rear parts on my old car. It is fibreglass and being low and at the front is prone to some heavy stone chipping. i handed mine over to a bodyshop but fitting was straightforward with only minor sanding and fettling to get right.

10 minutes ago, rowbos said:

They are obviously close, or at least @cjd wishes they were :) 

I assume its a result of ipad auto correct but you may be right

Hey we're a friendly bunch here, it takes all sorts.... :)

Archived