Car getting quicker

Terryg

2 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Thanks for that, I love this bit in the second paragraph "Owners would drive their cars infrequently and never run them hard, "

It is statements like that that confirm my buying choice, a Boxster is affordable, fun and you don't have to worry about thrashing it occasionally.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Terryg said:

Thanks for that, I love this bit in the second paragraph "Owners would drive their cars infrequently and never run them hard, "

It is statements like that that confirm my buying choice, a Boxster is affordable, fun and you don't have to worry about thrashing it occasionally.

I believe it is mandatory to thrash it occasionally.  Its good for it (and you!).

3 hours ago, Zand said:

Is this something you can do on all Boxster? Would it work on a 987.1

Just turn on the ignition and leave it for circa one min, wait and hear the throttle body click and reset, then off you go.

43 minutes ago, Patt said:

I get better mpg the faster I drive - according to the OBC !

Another two TLAs' I think your OBC maybe W.R.O.N.G.

My theory is since adding the larger intake and throttle body , it's chucking in more fuel.

Thus by matching the speed the engine is fuelling for, it becomes more efficient.

Or is this just more man maths ?

Just now, Loz987 said:

You knew the risks going in, Terry. 

And now I can feel it  drifting into that movie stuff Loz............. I'll leave all the Top Gun references to you 

6 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

The adaptation process works on cars with DME7.2 and above (not mechanical throttle):

adaptation.jpg

Tried this earlier. I heard some whirring type noises from the engine area which I assume was the recalibration taking place. 

Not driven the car since.  Will go for a spin this weekend.  

In terms of TG reference for Loz, would "I feel the need ... the need for speed!" be appropriate?

8 hours ago, rowbos said:

Tried this earlier. I heard some whirring type noises from the engine area which I assume was the recalibration taking place. 

Not driven the car since.  Will go for a spin this weekend.  

In terms of TG reference for Loz, would "I feel the need ... the need for speed!" be appropriate?

Actually with Loz it's not speed, he likes "the drifties in the twisties" so it all "depends on the bends"

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

I thought TG was about flying , not deep sea diving?!!?

Actually I thought the TG referred to me (how arrogant is that?) as they are my initials, I forgot that I had licensed out the letters for that little movie thing. Strangely I can't remember ever receiving the cheque.....

15 minutes ago, Terryg said:

Actually I thought the TG referred to me (how arrogant is that?) as they are my initials, I forgot that I had licensed out the letters for that little movie thing. Strangely I can't remember ever receiving the cheque.....

Image result for top gun quotes your ego

:D

On 4/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, Patt said:

My theory is since adding the larger intake and throttle body , it's chucking in more fuel.

Thus by matching the speed the engine is fuelling for, it becomes more efficient.

Or is this just more man maths ?

Man Maths?

Not in the slightest.

Upsized intake and TB on my car, driven with a high degree of enthusiasm,  "making progress" as appropriate with regular forays to 7k (just for the noise you understand....) = 30+mpg inc Track Days,

My own experience matches yours which is effectively "Peer Review" and that means it is a fact.  Fact.

12 hours ago, Patt said:

Fact it is  ! now it's been 2nded.

The truth has been rooted out and laid bare for all to see. it's a public service in a way.

19 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Are you bringing the ferociously faster fiend of a Boxster out next weekend? 

Sorry Loz, home in Ireland for the Easter weekend followed by business trip to Stuttgart. On the plus side I'll be visiting the Porsche museum again and going to a beer festival, all courtesy of my main suppliers! My trip to Wembley for quinns v sarries game went equally well, got upgraded twice and ended up in the Bobby Moore suite, free meal and drinks all afternoon. I'm sure you'll manage without me but rest assured, the first free weekend I have I'll be checking for your latest excursion.

As a side note my mate who lives in North Wales suggested a trip there, he is a biker and knows some great roads, unfortunately his current wheels are a Merc estate, I told him he can drive my car if he leads, he'll be quicker than me by miles!

8 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Easter Saturday special? 

North Wales? 

Or is the Bridgnorth run going that way on the 23rd...?

The thread seems to suggest mid Wales, presumably the route from Crossgates to the coast will be directly west rather than north. It would all add to bit too much of a run after a hectic week.If you are doing a short blast the same weekend I'll try and join you on that.

Archived