To go Amber or not

StephenM

Hi All,

I  have the original headlights for my 986 which have the amber indicators, my car currently sports a set of clear headlights.  I wondered what the views were about which set to use.  I am currently thinking the amber ones are more honest (2001 model), so I will be grateful for thoughts ?

Ambers are your only option. B)

Cheers, Baggers.

I would also call Ambers. I like the originality. However, just as many if not more prefer the 'updated' look. 

Ambers or Clear a lot can depend on the colour of your car in my opinion Silver looks better with clear, but there again I have a Silvercar with clears!!! and the. Ambers are stored should I sell for purists and Amber perverts!!!!

13 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Ambers or Clear a lot can depend on the colour of your car in my opinion Silver looks better with clear, but there again I need to go to Specsavers!!! and the. Ambers are stored should I finally come to my senses!!!!

Corrected for you Mick! :P

Cheers, Baggers.

I’ve got ambers and toyed with clears for a long time, but as even Porsche class the original Boxster in its classic range I’m sticking with ambers for that classic look, but go with what you like, most modern cars now sport clear headlights regardless of make and model, so to me ambers make the car sing a little more.

In my mind it comes down to if you look back on the Seventies fondly, and not just motoring but fashion etc.

Or if you like things to look a bit more modern and up to date.

Simple choice in my mind, but as said, depends on your preference.

(I'm also not a fan of classic Porsches, much prefer modern ones)

Archived