Yes or No?

Malcolm E Box

I went from a 986 to a 718 - both S. Maybe not a direct comparison, I know, but they are different. The F6 needs to be at the upper limit to find the power band (and the banshee wail band..) whereas the F4 has full torque available from 1,950rpm, so you tend to drive it at lower revs. I like the 718S, it really is a fantastic daily driver (which mine is). However, as someone said to me on another forum, if it was a weekend toy, I'd probably want the 5,000rpm soundtrack to go with it.

Had a base 718 for almost two months. I found there was no low down torque to get you out of trouble unless you had "sports" switched on.

SO if you pulled out and then realised you need to be getting on to avoid an accident - there was just nothing.

The exhaust and the artificial tampering to make it sound sporty was naff, and put me off.

Looks wise , very pretty, especially with the optional LED lights front and rear.  Handling same as 981. BOth look fantastic as a Cayman, but I want the drop top.

I could have bought a very well optioned base 718, but I the hike to the S was out of my justification.  I'm glad I bought the 981S, at the end of the day the flat 6 means more to me personally.

18 hours ago, Patt said:

Had a base 718 for almost two months. I found there was no low down torque to get you out of trouble unless you had "sports" switched on.

SO if you pulled out and then realised you need to be getting on to avoid an accident - there was just nothing.

The exhaust and the artificial tampering to make it sound sporty was naff, and put me off.

Looks wise , very pretty, especially with the optional LED lights front and rear.  Handling same as 981. BOth look fantastic as a Cayman, but I want the drop top.

I could have bought a very well optioned base 718, but I the hike to the S was out of my justification.  I'm glad I bought the 981S, at the end of the day the flat 6 means more to me personally.

Agree with all of this ^

Thanks for the replies and info. After going back and forth between Cayman or Boxster and another 981 or going 718, a decision has been made.

A deposit has been put down on a 67 plate Miami Blue Cayman. See below. Porsche Bolton have done us a hell of a deal that was too god to turn down. So after three Boxsters we are back in something with a proper roof. Anyway can't wait to pick it up. Pics below

28r1j5s.jpg

8y71ph.jpg

7 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Thanks for the replies and info. After going back and forth between Cayman or Boxster and another 981 or going 718, a decision has been made.

A deposit has been put down on a 67 plate Miami Blue Cayman. See below. Porsche Bolton have done us a hell of a deal that was too god to turn down. So after three Boxsters we are back in something with a proper roof. Anyway can't wait to pick it up. Pics below

28r1j5s.jpg

8y71ph.jpg

Very smart !

Very nice except for the fact it's a Cayman, but Matt will love the colour.

Guvs.

Archived