A hello and a quick question after 3 days of ownership

Adam C

Hello to all the forum members, I'm the proud owner of a newly acquired 987S (3 days ago) it has a couple of small issues that I'm happy with sorting but on the whole I've fallen in love. What an amazing drive!! Can someone explain to me how the chrono works, mine I suspect doesn't!! I'm selecting chrono in the settings menu, and the when the stopwatch option appears it doesn't seem to want to select anything past that point, no reset, no start/stop or anything else for that matter. I realise the chrono doesnt light up with the dash lights but I can't see a way of seeing if it's working at all. Am I doing something wrong?? Or is it just Kaputt!!

Yeah that is what I have been trying to do, it comes up with the chrono option when selecting it on the stalk but then when I go to select stopwatch it is as though nothing wants to select.  Looks like its broken - does anyone know if there is a seperate fuse for the Chrono???

I tried mine earlier.  Cycle round to the Chrono option using the stalk.  Push it away from you and you get the Chrono options such as stopwatch etc. Push it away again and the Chrono clock lights up and starts timing. If it does not then you have an issue it would seem.

Might need someone with a PIWIS to take a look at the Chrono settings?  You are up North I see. Give Revolution a call?

16 minutes ago, Qwerty987 said:

I had this same issue, but it is there.  It is accessed thru one of the control stalks via a sub menu.  But once you try it once you will never use it again!

+1

1 hour ago, Qwerty987 said:

I had this same issue, but it is there.  It is accessed thru one of the control stalks via a sub menu.  But once you try it once you will never use it again!

+1

Yeah I'm doing it right, selecting the chrono by pushing away, then it says stopwatch, should push away to start it but won't select anything further than this and chrono doesnt light. There is a separate fuse for the chrono which I'll check when I have 2 minutes and it's booked in at revolution for their 111 point check on the 4th of Oct so I'll have a word if I can't sort it by then.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, Qwerty987 said:

+1

22 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Tell you what, I recently found the RUF version of this, and they'd taken out the Chrono and fitted an oil temp gauge, which I thought was infinitely more useful.  Wonder how easy it is?

Any type of gauge or just a clock would be infinitely more useful. Still it looks nice and those without, hanker for it.  

Very easy to add an oil pressure gauge:  but 911 sensor - fit to engine - run wire from it to dial... not looked closely but I'm sure a standard 52mm gauge will fit in bezel.

I use mine more as a clock, and will only read up on the rest when I put it on a track as I'd love to see what other data it will save and download. 

2 hours ago, Pinewood said:

+1

Any type of gauge or just a clock would be infinitely more useful. Still it looks nice and those without, hanker for it.  

Ahh the vagaries of the human condition summed up in one neat little sentence.

The saleman started his BS when we sat in the car with "and the iconic clock ..."

and I stopped him dead with "then why is it an expensive option?  It's iconic because you are trying to make it that"

end of that sales pitch :rolleyes:

When I had the cruise fitted to one of ours they forgot to recode the car for Chrono and a couple of other things.  I therefore think there's a good chance that it will be a software error.  I doubt the stopwatch will have its own fuse.

2 hours ago, Araf said:

When I had the cruise fitted to one of ours they forgot to recode the car for Chrono and a couple of other things.  I therefore think there's a good chance that it will be a software error.  I doubt the stopwatch will have its own fuse.

It's off up to Revolution soon so they can check it then.

• 6 months later...

Archived