Never knew this.

Scubaregs

Just found out the other day that you can drop gears in the PDK in preparation for an overtake by "tapping" the accelerator. Harder the "tap" further down the gears it goes and holds it in the lower gear for a short period of time.

Makes overtakes lag free in normal mode.

4 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

Would not have specced it even had I gone down the road of speccing the car. Would haved spent that money on other things. Lot of money for a wee clock in the center of the dash.?

Its a bit more than a wee clock in the center of the dash.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:18 PM, Scubaregs said:

Would not have specced it even had I gone down the road of speccing the car. Would haved spent that money on other things. Lot of money for a wee clock in the center of the dash.?

My thoughts exactly, how much for a clock? Just hadn't realised! I still watch the clock mind when I turn on the ignition though.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, Patt said:

Indeed - I really noticed the active engine mounts when one went faulty. I've still not managed a launch control either.

I've never heard of the mounts failing before. How did that manifest itself, was it very obvious that something was wrong?

I've still not tried a launch control yet, nearly 3 years in and still not brave enough!

It actually seems a very common problem on tinternet.  Although you'll need to search active engine mount - as that's what it is in a 911

Display lit up telling me, plus the car felt very vague while pushing on - as if someone had removed/snapped an ARB

18 hours ago, Patt said:

It actually seems a very common problem on tinternet.  Although you'll need to search active engine mount - as that's what it is in a 911

Display lit up telling me, plus the car felt very vague while pushing on - as if someone had removed/snapped an ARB

Yep, it seems you're right. That's put the Porsche Paranoia up another notch!! Nice to know the car will tell me when it wants some more money spent on it though!

• 8 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 2:42 PM, Patt said:

A guy at work's Boxster active mount failed. 

Porsche kept the car for over two months while they waited for their supplier to manufacture a replacement.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, RBD914 v2 said:

So funny!

Must try it in mine sometime, hang the mechanical sympathy...!

IIRC it isn't like a Nissan GTR (invalidates the warranty,,,allegedly) and can be performed repeatedly, perhaps someone could confirm this before you nip down to the car wash :)

Archived