private plate...

Ianm333

I have a cheap one my wife bought me last birthday from DVLA for £295

JC04 DAY

Which is my initials and surname. The 04 is irrelevant, just the oldest year they had available so can go on as many cars as possible. Not that i own anything that new to out it on at the moment.

I bought the wife:

EL05 DAY

(her name is Eloise Day) so very nearly her name and similar to my DAY plate (his and hers haha)

My Previous Porsche had V72 FYA (which I aquired for nothing off another car I bought/sold) meant nothing, just wanted a 6 digit smaller plate so was ideal.

My old Alfa had C2 GTV, which was perfect for the car as a CS2 (phase2) GTV. I let it go with the car which sold at asking price after a 2 day advert.

I like a good plate, not a fan of really dodgy spacing or italic/wrong fonts. Plates have to be quality and fresh too, hate a faded/peely plate.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being an Ulster Lad born and bred in Northern Ireland (although now living in Deepest, Darkest, North Yorkshire), you cannot take the Ulster out of me! 😉

One of my favourite things...….

Tayto-North.jpg20181222_094522.jpg

4 minutes ago, Verner said:

Being an Ulster Lad born and bred in Northern Ireland (although now living in Deepest, Darkest, North Yorkshire), you cannot take the Ulster out of me! 😉

One of my favourite things...….

Tayto-North.jpg20181222_094522.jpg

You must really love those crisps - that is huge product appreciation 😄

Just now, rowbos said:

You must really love those crisps - that is huge product appreciation 😄

I do, plus it's a life long link back to the homeland..... 😄

1 minute ago, Verner said:

I do, plus it's a life long link back to the homeland..... 😄

The plate is cool and personal to you 👍

Never even heard of these crisps.  I need to keep a look out for some - good reviews...

http://crispreview.co.uk/post/10400200143/tayto-cheese-and-onion/amp

😬

I was behind a yellow little Skoda on my way home from the Haynes breakfast meet today. It had J88 DAY

(my name and 88 my year of birth!)

If I had the oppertunity I woudlda offered her £500 on the spot for it or left my number. One of my dream/to-own plates. She turned off the South as I was heading North. Gutted! 

3 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I was behind a yellow little Skoda on my way home from the Haynes breakfast meet today. It had J88 DAY

(my name and 88 my year of birth!)

If I had the oppertunity I woudlda offered her £500 on the spot for it or left my number. One of my dream/to-own plates. She turned off the South as I was heading North. Gutted! 

Stop it! That makes you 20 years younger than me 😂

I think you should buy one especially if you can space the letters out so they don't conform to legal requirement to spell out something that vaguely resembles your name/initials/car, even better if you have to explain it to other people, classy..............................*

* possibly being sarcastic

They are a Marmite item, enjoy if that's your thing.

I've never bought a cherished plate. 

One came on my morgan,  so I sold it on

One came on our boxster which reads TARA A or TA RAA  ( AS IN BYE BYE)......

A bit of a waste in my opinion. .....bearing no meaning to us

I bought A 8OXT cheap from DVLA, had it for 7 years and sold it for more than it cost me when I finally stopped having a Boxster. The Alfa came with a plate with a single digit, it means nothing to me but I left it on there as I dont wanna pay £80 to get it on retention... unless there is a Dr HFD on here that wants it lol

I have near identical plates on my 2 cars which cost very little, both bought at DVLA auction with no other bids and specific only to me thankfully

one of them I’ve had for 10 years+ the other for 3 years.

They will be of no use to anyone else and wil always be on the vehicles I own & best of all no bastardised spacing required to make them look like something they are not ;)

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, rowbos said:

The plate is cool and personal to you 👍

Never even heard of these crisps.  I need to keep a look out for some - good reviews...

http://crispreview.co.uk/post/10400200143/tayto-cheese-and-onion/amp

😬

They really are THAT good!

My one and only foray  into private reg plates was in about 1990 when I had a Porsche 944. I had the plate 494 UJO and cost me £550. When I moved to Norway 3 years later I exported the car and put it on Norwegian plates. Unfortunately, I did not know the procedure and never put my UK plate on a retention certificate, so I believe I lost it. Kind of made up for it a few years later when I sold the car for more than I paid for it - even though it was RHD.

I've got one on mine, its got my lucky number, plus if you squint, its relevant to the car...

P23XTR

had a few in the past including P111MP W, car had to get scrapped at the nurburgring, so i lost that plate. Missus has a private plate on her car, and really want to get one for my peugeot runabout, but it will cost about the same as the cars worth! 😂

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Y99TRH said:

I have Y99TRH for my Year of Birth and Initials on my 987 Boxster, it was a gift for my 18th 

Bloody youth these days, making us oldies feel old 🤣

1 minute ago, r1flyguy said:

Bloody youth these days, making us oldies feel old 🤣

That was my first thought!

Is this our youngest owning member?  Good man 😎

My son has his eye on mine so I’m trying to stay healthy 😂

Just now, rowbos said:

My son has his eye on mine so I’m trying to stay healthy 😂

Oh dear, and you meeting Lynn in 15 days.........😈

Wonder if he will wrap it a different colour.😇

Archived