private plate...

Ianm333

On 2/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, Takahashi said:

a few in the past including P111MP W, car had to get scrapped at the nurburgring, so i lost that plate. 

Sounds like an interesting / worrying story! Care to share? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Used to get Autocar (UK car magazine) delivered each week. And never looked at the numbers for sale. Then one week, there was an ad for them on the back page which I saw while it was lying on the table. And a 1970s number which referred to my job jumped out at me. Enquired, and it was only £275 including transfer, so bought it. In the early 90s. Been on 5 cars since. There is a company in my line of work called this, and they saw it and offered me £5000. some years ago. But wasn't tempted. One of those numbers which means nothing to most, but gives a smile to those who do. And very easy for me to remember.

I probably am.. wow😂😂 the youngest.

Thank you all, my family had a 356 Speedster growing up and it was always a dream of mine to have a Porsche!

where do we find out about meets? Would love to bring it to a show!

On 2/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Verner said:

Being an Ulster Lad born and bred in Northern Ireland (although now living in Deepest, Darkest, North Yorkshire), you cannot take the Ulster out of me! 😉

One of my favourite things...….

Tayto-North.jpg20181222_094522.jpg

Love it - and yes that does bring back memories!  (from another Ulsterman now in wiltshire)

I had a DVLA issued plate on my 996TT ending in "FTU".  I thought that was a little rude/aggressive and hence got a cheap alternative "P10RXB", which is now my Porsche plate.  It means nothing but has my RB initials and is kind of Porsche-ish and Boxster-ish and for the low cost, I think its not the worst thing in the world to have.  Never had or considered having a personal plate before this.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:50 AM, Blues N Twos said:

There is a Range Rover out by me with a plate of PR08LEM 😳

Think he might be a shrink?

With their reputation it's probably a car-related plate :)

Loads of people round here have plates spelling the town or village they live in, lately I've see loads, they must be getting more popular. Is that just a Cornwall phenomenon?!

1 hour ago, Sazzy said:

Loads of people round here have plates spelling the town or village they live in, lately I've see loads, they must be getting more popular. Is that just a Cornwall phenomenon?!

There are a few Exmoor plates where I live and a couple of Gun related plates too 😳

On 3/26/2019 at 10:06 AM, Mattman42 said:

One of my wife's ironing customers has just picked up another Mclaren - the reg plate is P6 OOV - am i right in thinking they are the plates they use for their press cars?

Yeh, they used OOV plates for the press cars (namely the P1). Otherwise they tend to use one's ending MCL for their other cars as short term loaners and demo's etc.

Ferrari UK tend to use plates ending FNE (Ferrari Northern Europe)

Archived