What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

3 hours ago, 89rallye said:

@detail1  love seeing your posts mate, wanted to ask you a work related question, i have a steamer and was thinking of using it on the leather seats as i think they are very shiny, any thoughts?

Cheers mate 👍

It should be fine, I've not tried it but have seen others cleaning interiors that way. The shiny leather is just a build up of dirt and oils, so it should clean it well, obviously just be careful not to scorch it or over soak it- steam and wipe away moisture.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 89rallye said:

Removed the wiper scuttle cleaned and applied some Getecniq C4 all put back together looks great will see if it lasts, also buffed the boot lid after removing the script.

Are you going to leave the boot blank or replace the script with something else.? 

28 minutes ago, phazed said:

Are you going to leave the boot blank or replace the script with something else.? 

I'm very tempted to do this with mine, and leave the badge off.  My badge is busted in one corner, so I've got to remove it anyway.  

my car is Gt Silver and the script was grey and in good condition free to anyone that wants it. i do have a new grey one i can put on but i fancy going black and do the side vents black to match, i have a can of plastidip there but not sure how it would hold up to washing.

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

I'm very tempted to do this with mine, and leave the badge off.  My badge is busted in one corner, so I've got to remove it anyway.  

I removed mine last year. The car is a non S, but a previous owner added the S badge. However they hadn’t centered it all so was slightly off kilter. 

Edited by chanlon1

Hi,

what method did you use to remove the badge my letter B is broken so been meaning to remove for a while. Was toying with the idea to replace with Porsche lettering but not sure if that if a naff idea on 987. Was there any marking on paint work as mine to is GT silver 

cheers muddy 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, detail1 said:

The leather shouldn't be shiny, should have a very low sheen. Shiny leather is generally dirty and full of oils.

Hi, the leather does now have a sheen as opposed to being shiny, lots of muck came off!

Will be applying the balm again on the seats once I’ve put the new Seatbelts in.

30 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Hi,

what method did you use to remove the badge my letter B is broken so been meaning to remove for a while. Was toying with the idea to replace with Porsche lettering but not sure if that if a naff idea on 987. Was there any marking on paint work as mine to is GT silver 

cheers muddy 

Hairdryer and dental floss 👍🏼

Mine had the Boxster S lettering removed by the previous owner, bally4563. He then fitted more up-to-date PORSCHE lettering. I'm not sure if I prefer the original or the new lettering.

I would put up a photograph but it seem to have changed how it's loaded, something about only a URL.

Erm......thats a no from me.......may have looked better if it had followed the boot line .......but I still prefer the original font on the older Porsche’s 

1 minute ago, Jonttt said:

Erm......thats a no from me.......may have looked better if it had followed the boot line .......but I still prefer the original font on the older Porsche’s 

It’s hard to follow the boot line due the curvature of the boot lid, I did toy with it but just didn’t look right in my eyes

1 hour ago, Muddy said:

Was toying with the idea to replace with Porsche lettering but not sure if that if a naff idea on 987

How very dare you (2). Curved using credit card as spacer from edge of lid. Pretty sure both i and entdgc sourced them from same Chinese supplier (£14.50 in my case) and mine's Black.

13 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

It’s hard to follow the boot line due the curvature of the boot lid, I did toy with it but just didn’t look right in my eyes

Curved mine after much discussion here and posting of pics. Subsequently pointed out to me by another member that if you crouch down it appears straight.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply, l am swayed for Porsche lettering In black and a curve just need a steady hand, precision and patience. Have been looking at lettering mainly on eBay any other suggestions for sourcing the letters. 

cheers 

26 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Thanks for reply, l am swayed for Porsche lettering In black and a curve just need a steady hand, precision and patience. Have been looking at lettering mainly on eBay any other suggestions for sourcing the letters. 

cheers 

Looks like the cheapo Chinese badges have disappeared. Probably shut down by Porsche.

8 hours ago, Muddy said:

Hi,

cheers muddy 

Go for it

Go for it?!!

• Thanks 1