What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Here are the pipes polished to an inch of their lives before fitting

ex6

Arches BEFORE I cleaned them properly...

ex8

and a bottom shot.....

5FB67345-BA0D-45DC-8049-B91681FEDC38

As for the rest, no shots of the under pans but I can assure you 30+ hours over the winter was spent cleaning polishing and replacing unseen parts, I like my undys as clean as my oveys :) 

4 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I like to think I'm "dependable" rather than predictable.... :lol:

I was going to say 'and an up the skirt look'  but I saw you in a dress and pigtails.....my eyes are still burning :) 

Edited by EVO Chris

4 minutes ago, EVO Chris said:

I was going to say 'and an up the skirt look'  but I saw you in a dress and pigtails.....my eyes are still burning :) 

"what is seen.... cannot be unseen...." :lol:

7 hours ago, EVO Chris said:

Went for an MOT today, passed with a 'that's the shiniest Porsche I have seen underneath comment'. All the winter garage tinkering paid off :) 

Mine went in yesterday.  All I got was "This has put up with the miles well.  I'm really starting to see the point of Porsches." 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EVO Chris said:

ex6

ex8

and a bottom shot.....

As for the rest, no shots of the under pans but I can assure you 30+ hours over the winter was spent cleaning polishing and replacing unseen parts, I like my undys as clean as my oveys :) 

I am torn between expressing my admiration and suggesting seeking ‘support’ 😀

25 minutes ago, Topbox said:

lockdown has been tough. 🤣

I have been one of the lucky or unlucky ones dependant on the circumstance to have been at work throughout this whole madness. In some way I wish I was furloughed imagine what I could have got up too, in another way the stress of the uncertainty would have driven me nuts.....I like to keep busy :) 

And polish your own undercarriage...lol.

• Like 1

Ordered some PS4's delivered Lovetyres for £157, local garage will change for £15 each. Cheapest I could find. Lent my 987 to my best mate who is between Teslas, he owes me a drive in his Model 3 Performance when it arrives! Just hope he doesn't wrap it around a tree with the old Potnezas that are totally cr*p, hence the purchase. 

On 7/30/2020 at 3:04 PM, EVO Chris said:

ex6

ex8

and a bottom shot.....

That is lovely...

49 minutes ago, The Smudger said:

Looking good! What did you use?

Hi, thanks - had a detailer do them - not 100% percent but much better than they were (could originally feel some scratches with my finger nail and I can't now)

Essentially the process was 

Use 800 to 1200 wet 'n' dry/sandpaper with soapy water by hand, which clouded up the lenses in a terrifying way !

Meguiars Mirror Glaze 105 Professional Ultra-Cut Compound applied on a drill buffing pad to bring the lenses back to clear.

Repeat the above steps until an acceptable finish had been achieved

Seal with Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant 2.0 M21, which he recommended reapplying every 6/12 months for UV protection

Edited by iborguk