What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

43 minutes ago, Davey rocket said:

It is the little details that matter ,when I bought my car ,it was missing the wind  deflector .

attachment was there .Managed pick up pristine one for £49 from eBay which  it i thought was good

A couple of small adhesive felt pads (the sort for furniture feet etc) just under the top clips will stop the inevitable rattling.  

Just got back from picking up newly refurbished wheels. Very pleased with results and all for £140 at City Wheel Refurbishment Birmingham.

Price includes, tyres off, refurbish, chemical strip, shot bast, powder coat with choice of colour, tyres back on and balanced.

ZhM1iAB.jpg

BHVFk5R.jpg

N6Mea63.jpg

sv8kM1q.jpg

2 hours ago, Deano37 said:

Just got back from picking up newly refurbished wheels. Very pleased with results and all for £140 at City Wheel Refurbishment Birmingham.

Price includes, tyres off, refurbish, chemical strip, shot bast, powder coat with choice of colour, tyres back on and balanced.

ZhM1iAB.jpg

BHVFk5R.jpg

N6Mea63.jpg

sv8kM1q.jpg

Generally looks great except the bottom wheel in the last pic - looks like a rusty weight and a line/join in the paint. Is that a 'before'? Interested as planning to take my winters there if I ever get to visit my Mum again, who's in a care home in Manchester, and have to pass by Brum.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

Generally looks great except the bottom wheel in the last pic - looks like a rusty weight and a line/join in the paint. Is that a 'before'? Interested as planning to take my winters there if I ever get to visit my Mum again, who's in a care home in Manchester, and have to pass by Brum.

I think that’s a reflection on the weight. Will take some better pictures tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Deano37 said:

ZhM1iAB.jpg

BHVFk5R.jpg

N6Mea63.jpg

sv8kM1q.jpg

Just watch out for uneven paint on the face where the wheel meets the hub.  Needs to be flat or can cause a vibration like a wheel out of balance.

• Like 1

The plugs were from ECP the coil packs were recommended on here  seller got excellent feed back they come fully boxed wrapped with extra long new bolts with spline fitting  all in sealed packets .They seem genuine to me , but they can’t be any worse than the ones i took off 😄

Used the sample pot of Owatrol that someone kindly recommended on here to get the black (well had kind of gone grey) plastic behind the front number plate to look & hopefully remain more black - no pics, but since applying a couple of hours ago it does all look nice & black and new 👍.

Then more of an achievement was fitting the Joe Toth ducktail spoiler that I'd been waiting patiently for weeks to fit pending a refitted windscreen noise to be sorted first - pics below.

Overall am really happy with it and think the product is very good. If I had my time again maybe would have got shipped without them paint matching as possibly might have been possible to get better finish locally (I think the colour is good but if being really picky the surface finish isn't as good as the actual car bodywork), and I would have tried to be even more precise when fitting the pretty much one time effort as once it sticks in place you can't really adjust - that and not having misplaced a hex bolt head down in to the back of the car somewhere (hopefully has just fallen all the way to the ground as can't hear any rattles having driven it).

34 minutes ago, nixster said:

Now that looks smart 👍

Where did you get it? Any gaps or does it fill the OEM space well ?

From a guy on Facebook in Canada who custom makes them - Joe Toth.

Not sure I can link his Facebook page, but these links are from a reseller that take orders from him:

https://www.demonspeedmotorsports.com/Duck-tail-Porsche-Boxster-987-JTC-ducktail987.htm

https://www.demonspeedmotorsports.com/Duck-tail-Porsche-Boxster-986-jtc-ducktail.htm

Think it ended up being around £350 or so with import fees and him using someone to colour match it.

Only tricky bit really is the fact that it uses adhesive strips to mount so you only really get one shot at getting it straight and then not really possible to loosen bolts etc. to adjust after you have stuck it as it covers the bolts - for me I think I am maybe 1 or maybe 2mm or so too far over to the drivers side but that is being really picky and judging roughly by what the gap feels to my fingers at each end at the joins. When I actually step away to look at it though, looks straight enough to me.

In my opinion it fills the OEM space really well and provides a much cleaner finish to the side that is visible once it raises up. Couple more pics with 2 showing the slight difference in gap at either side, but good enough for me & not going to un-stick just to move a tiny amount.

Edited by Babaa
Fix links to pics