What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

6 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Rear drop links , seized solid , calipers out of the way , hot axe 5 min heat soak flew out!! And front anti roll bar bushes, all in all a very productive morning!!

Mick, That hot axe is earning its keep!

On 10/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, MickH said:

Cars in getting a catback fitted. Took a chance on a second hand "seca" exhaust on ebay. 

I was watching that. Quality bit of kit. I didn't get in a bidding war with you because I found some posts from people who reckoned it was awesome but a bit loud for day to day use. Record it and post a vid when it's done.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:52 PM, bally4563 said:

Tell me Dave , trust me they would not budge , without the influence!!

Mine's in for another work out too tomorrow if its dry, don't fancy using it in the wet!

On 10/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, JonSta said:

I was watching that. Quality bit of kit. I didn't get in a bidding war with you because I found some posts from people who reckoned it was awesome but a bit loud for day to day use. Record it and post a vid when it's done.

Yea its very loud. Lol

On 10/21/2020 at 9:20 PM, penrhos said:

Seemingly common problem of soft top overlapping trim and thereby not sitting correctly. Seen previous posts on here and looked at YouTube stuff. First look inside hood indicates old elastic is in tatters so will need to remove torx screws and start from scratch. Into lockdown here in Wales from Friday so no excuse not to get it done, weather permitting.

You will be doing well to lower the roof in Porthcawl in this weather 😝

22 minutes ago, Sp1boyo said:

You will be doing well to lower the roof in Porthcawl in this weather 😝

You're right there! I live on Rest Bay, probably the windiest part of Porthcawl and the weather presently is shocking. May get a chance next week - fingers crossed.

58 minutes ago, penrhos said:

You're right there! I live on Rest Bay, probably the windiest part of Porthcawl and the weather presently is shocking. May get a chance next week - fingers crossed.

I’m just over the bay in Ogmore ...  I did this repair on both sides of mine ... 👍

On 8/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, Def1 said:

Tried to fit serpentine belt BUT the replacement belts are far  too small , both ordered using my registration Gates belt 6PK 2115 and Dayco belt 6PK 2115 ,when i removed the belt currently on my car it’s a Dayco 6PK 2160 ,?????

How did you get on with the 2160 ? If you don’t mind me asking.

Yesterday, had a play with the front camber angle, for me it was too twitchy on the straight ahead. Looking at the slots it was at the max neg camber the slots would provide.Decided to split the distance in the slots , and take for a run , much better now for me nice direct feeling.