What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 11/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, iborguk said:

15 mins on de-leafing the front rads

I did this couple of months  ago. I decided to take the front bumper off and make some grills to go inside.

Its not a big job and surprisingly only took a couple of hours. Jet washed it and cut my own mesh out. Not as hard as I thought it would be.

You do need a second pair of hands to ease it off and guide back on. 

• Like 1

Mild spell incoming!

Well. Vredestein's law so I'm guessing so.

Fitted my winter wheels on the car today, so I suspect the weather will prove my decision wrong.

Odd difference on old summer rubber to new. I bought the 17" wheels locally with old Michelin summer (7yo from & 10yo rear)  tyres & shoved them (slid them) over the back of the old BMW wagon. Tried to do the same with the wheels on the new rubber. No go. Had to man-handle them across. Bodes well for winter traction, I hope.

Cleaning the summer wheels before putting them away, noticed a ton of "tar" on the inside of the OSR wheel. Still not cleaned it off properly. A job for a litre or so of tar-remover come spring.

39 minutes ago, cptspaulding said:

Cleaning the summer wheels before putting them away, noticed a ton of "tar" on the inside of the OSR wheel. Still not cleaned it off properly. A job for a litre or so of tar-remover come spring.

I find Auto Glym Extra Gloss makes a very good concentrated tar remover and requires very little fluid to shift tar spots.

• Like 1

Had new coil packs fitted today by the excellent Tuthill Porsche just down the road from me. This followed a misfiring episode one very damp morning a couple of weeks ago. Hasn't happened since but I don't believe in one offs so got it checked out and there were 2 cracked with no doubt others to follow.

Couldn't believe the change as now it's far sharper and quicker response. As I've only had the car a few months I had nothing to calibrate it against. Very pleased as it's like a 30bhp upgrade 😃

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tper8181 said:

I have a squeak when first moving the car coming from this area

could you describe the noise you were hearing ?

for me, on low (fan) speeds, the fan made a squealing noise which eventually went away when you wound up the speed.

is your issue fan related? it sounds like you have a noise when you drive the car?

On 11/28/2020 at 4:08 PM, bally4563 said:

OFSR Strut out and changed split top mount, so easy when you have changed drop links previously!!!

Almost wish I hadn't done my top mounts before I did my drop links just so I could find out what an easy to remove drop link is like.  I realised as soon as I finished doing all the suspension work that it is highly unlikely I've even need to replace any of it again so why did I bother to put it all back with assembly grease rather than give someone else the real Boxster drop link experience.   

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Almost wish I hadn't done my top mounts before I did my drop links just so I could find out what an easy to remove drop link is like.  I realised as soon as I finished doing all the suspension work that it is highly unlikely I've even need to replace any of it again so why did I bother to put it all back with assembly grease rather than give someone else the real Boxster drop link experience.   

😂😂

On 11/30/2020 at 5:22 PM, ½cwt said:

You ever sell it put that in the description. It'll go faster than you can blnk....

Had a Hunter alignment done at Macclesfield Chimp fit, all good now considering they were not going to do front camber?! However they let me in and set it up, everything all in the green and even got front wheels balanced for nothing