What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Put it up for sale.

Commute has become more intense and I've been lured towards more comfort. Couldn't wrestle our 2017 Macan's keys from the Mrs, but after 2 months of searching I've found a 2016 unit to add to the family fleet.

Unfortunately no space to keep the Boxster but will miss the growl. And be kicking myself in due course. In 14months / 6k miles of ownership, it only needed a battery replacement, outside of the standard service requirements.

2006 Boxster S on 62,000 miles and a very high smile per mile ratio.

Stripped gear change assembly out. Shimmed the sliding block to remove side to side play, greased and assembled.

Fitted track pads, track wheels with semi slicks and changed brake fluid. Snetterton on Saturday...

10 hours ago, phazed said:

Snetterton on Saturday...

Assuming it’s the 300, I would be interested what speed the Boxster will pull down the back straight. Much safer straight to brake late than the one going past the pits! 

Enjoy!

On 11/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, kevinon said:

Cocoa leather looks fantastic. It may be a minority taste, but I have lots of want for both cocoa and savannah interiors. 

I'm sure it will be great buy. 

Going way OT now.. but maybe you'll like the Boxster replacement's interior then.. ;)

20221106_082526.thumb.jpeg.b4debaad18bed2a524a6477964133828.jpeg

On 11/10/2022 at 9:10 PM, TV8 said:

Assuming it’s the 300, I would be interested what speed the Boxster will pull down the back straight. Much safer straight to brake late than the one going past the pits! 

Enjoy!

Just squeezed 120mph down the back straight. 

Even though the car went well and handling was ace, Snetterton seems too large a track for it, (meagre 300 horses pushing 1.35 tonnes). Cadwell is far better and more enjoyable.

9 hours ago, phazed said:

Just squeezed 120mph down the back straight. 

Even though the car went well and handling was ace, Snetterton seems too large a track for it, (meagre 300 horses pushing 1.35 tonnes). Cadwell is far better and more enjoyable.

Surprised at that. I was expecting a bit more

New window switch purchased and once again local OPC £30.00 cheaper than online parts suppliers required with Porsche club discount. 
Always check your local OPC when searching for prices and a excuse to have a look around 

• Like 1

Got a Spyder Valvetronic fitted today at La Rose Porsche. F*ck me it's loud! Don't usually do motorways - luckily - will have to see how it is on the normal commute. 

Question - can i get it to an exhaust fabricator to get it quietened a bit if it proves to be too much?

On 10/21/2022 at 6:56 PM, And.rs1800 said:

Got my MOT done finally!!

what a relief- emissions were spot on with my new Topgear exhaust.the original exhaust was like a patchwork quilt and failed on high lambda reading.

and I got a refund from PayPal for the terrible toyosport exhaust that simply was never ever going to fit.

😀

How are you finding the top gear exhaust mate? I think it's gonna be similar to the spyder performance one I got fitted today - Seems pretty loud - even in quiet mode!

1 hour ago, jasonmo said:

How are you finding the top gear exhaust mate? I think it's gonna be similar to the spyder performance one I got fitted today - Seems pretty loud - even in quiet mode!

Mine isn’t a valved version-madman all the time😎😎 I love it

to be honest when I first fitted it I thought oh no what have I done!!

But the more miles I do it seems to tone it down a bit. Can’t fault it-sounds great, much lighter than standard and very easy to fit .

give yours a hundred miles or so and see if if you notice a difference.

Edited by And.rs1800

22 minutes ago, And.rs1800 said:

Mine isn’t a valved version-madman all the time😎😎 I love it

to be honest when I first fitted it I thought oh no what have I done!!

But the more miles I do it seems to tone it down a bit. Can’t fault it-sounds great, much lighter than standard and very easy to fit .

give yours a hundred miles or so and see if if you notice a difference.

Thanks bro - i'll do exactly that!

On 11/15/2022 at 7:56 PM, jasonmo said:

Ive got the Spider Valvetronic I really like the closed sound but I rarely use the open - when I fitted mine I just couldn't get the valves to close under vacuum. 

Turns out one of the vacuum lines under the intake had come off - maybe you're having the same problem?

Daniel

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Macus said:

Ive got the Spider Valvetronic I really like the closed sound but I rarely use the open - when I fitted mine I just couldn't get the valves to close under vacuum. 

Turns out one of the vacuum lines under the intake had come off - maybe you're having the same problem?

Daniel

interesting. Open and closed doesn't sound much different, open is actually slightly better I think - less boom more gritty. I will do a proper listen over the weekend. 

I'm already getting used= to it today, just need to be a little less lazy with leaving it in a higher gear and just squeezing the throttle through 2-3000rpm.  

Will keep everyone posted.

49 minutes ago, jasonmo said:

interesting. Open and closed doesn't sound much different, open is actually slightly better I think - less boom more gritty. I will do a proper listen over the weekend. 

I'm already getting used= to it today, just need to be a little less lazy with leaving it in a higher gear and just squeezing the throttle through 2-3000rpm.  

Will keep everyone posted.

I think @Macus is correct as mine sounds distinctly different (quieter) with the valves closed. They default to valves open when you start the engine (as there is no vacuum) but should quieten down as the valves close when you press the remote button.