What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

23 minutes ago, Takahashi said:

got my insurance renewal through, happy as its dropped £60 to £166 fully comp

happy with that

Who was that with may I ask? 

Shame their sister company, Direct Line are so far from that.

It's taken me over a year for a non-fault, where they took 6 years off my NCB, downgraded my guaranteed hire car, then didn't send me one for a week, and the laws of physics would have had to be broken for it to have even been a 50/50 claim!

Although with all the "sorry" cheques, I think last year's insurance will NET me at £120 😄

On 11/25/2022 at 9:06 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

I fixed the remote under the steering column with a bit of double sided tape. Worked perfectly on my 987👍

I retrofitted the OEM control panel under the climate control, you have to build a voltage divider to make the switch light up but now works as the factory sports exhaust. 

• Like 1

Swapped the battery out today - the old one has been rather temperamental for a little while;  it pre-dates my ownership of the car3 years ago, though, so not sure now old it even is.  The last straw was last week when I drove 30 mins to work with a supposedly fully-charged battery (thanks to CTEK), only to find it  flat when I came to leave work at the end of the day.  Thankfully I had a jumpstart powerpack with me just in case...

Anyway the Bosch has now made way for a Yuasa HSB110 and all seems to be fine again, no issues with alarm or PSM etc.

While I was at it also removed all the plastic trim bits around in and around the frunk to clean out the gunge around underneath them so looking nicer there now  - only thing is now I need to replace all the little velcro sticky pads which have now all (rather than just a couple previously) come off the long side bits - one job for another day I think!

Edited by Camels

On 11/26/2022 at 12:53 AM, Pagey said:

Interested in real world thoughts. I'm trying to choose between getting a non-valved catback (Borla/Cargraphic) vs a valved one for my 987.2. Coming from a Mustang with Borla exhaust im not sure whether I would actually close the valves much.

getting used to it, pretty much left it open all the time, not really louder at low revs and sounds better above 4k.

If i was starting again tbh i would go carnewal again like i had on my last one, similar loudness, less drone, slightly higher pitched. 

3 hours ago, Camels said:

Swapped the battery out today - the old one has been rather temperamental for a little while;  it pre-dates my ownership of the car3 years ago, though, so not sure now old it even is.  The last straw was last week when I drove 30 mins to work with a supposedly fully-charged battery (thanks to CTEK), only to find it  flat when I came to leave work at the end of the day.  Thankfully I had a jumpstart powerpack with me just in case...

Anyway the Bosch has now made way for a Yuasa HSB110 and all seems to be fine again, no issues with alarm or PSM etc.

While I was at it also removed all the plastic trim bits around in and around the frunk to clean out the gunge around underneath them so looking nicer there now  - only thing is now I need to replace all the little velcro sticky pads which have now all (rather than just a couple previously) come off the long side bits - one job for another day I think!

Should have a 4 digit date code like tyres, week number/year

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Pagey said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7X5cvRN.jpg[/img]

You need to delete the [img] and [/img] from the link, then you get

7X5cvRN.jpg

Nice work on the duck tail.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 10:08 PM, Macus said:

I retrofitted the OEM control panel under the climate control, you have to build a voltage divider to make the switch light up but now works as the factory sports exhaust. 

Would love to read a “how to” section about this :) 

With photos if you’ve got any! ;) 

Avoided converting it into a boat. 
Came home from the gym last night, the rain got worse and worse, as I turned into my village I had the wipers on fast and still struggled to see ahead. The roads were running. Came round one corner and the road was maybe 3in deep, maybe more or less but I wasn’t stopping to find out. Rain backed off and I got the car in the garage then watched from the comfort of my porch as the Atlantic Ocean flew past. Never seen rain that strong in 20+ years here. 
Does this work?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl5uToigq0L/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

40 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Avoided converting it into a boat. 
Came home from the gym last night, the rain got worse and worse, as I turned into my village I had the wipers on fast and still struggled to see ahead. The roads were running. Came round one corner and the road was maybe 3in deep, maybe more or less but I wasn’t stopping to find out. Rain backed off and I got the car in the garage then watched from the comfort of my porch as the Atlantic Ocean flew past. Never seen rain that strong in 20+ years here. 
Does this work?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl5uToigq0L/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

It looks like Venice but without the breathtaking architecture. I hope you live on a hill.

made it to work and home again - in the cold -1 ish... on Uniroyal Rainsports - that the car came on. Hard to find the vocabulary to describe how shockingly shyatee they are - can't tell if i'm on sheet ice or cold tarmac, zero feedback. slides from both ends - horrible - and they're practically new... 😬

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, jasonmo said:

made it to work and home again - in the cold -1 ish... on Uniroyal Rainsports - that the car came on. Hard to find the vocabulary to describe how shockingly shyatee they are - can't tell if i'm on sheet ice or cold tarmac, zero feedback. slides from both ends - horrible - and they're practically new... 😬

Also an indication of how 'summer' tyres get in sub zero temps...  Even the normally good and grippy Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2s I have fitted are pretty poor at the moment.