What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

New boots for the front PS5’s as they were an absolute bargin from black circles in the Black Friday sale. It might actually stop now after finally finishing the brake upgrades which ended up with the GT3 master cylinder, new stainless brake nipples, Goodrich braided hoses and a bit of clean up. 

I can report that the pedal is much firmer with virtually no travel, which I like. However as others have said a bit harder to push.

Not the best weather for more testing but I already think I need better pads as it hasn’t added the sharpness I was hoping for. Which I know you can get with better pads.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, BBB said:

I think @Macus is correct as mine sounds distinctly different (quieter) with the valves closed. They default to valves open when you start the engine (as there is no vacuum) but should quieten down as the valves close when you press the remote button.

yep getting used to it, definitely quieter with valves closed. fitted the remote in the ashtray with a bit of foam. will post some pics later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jasonmo said:

yep getting used to it, definitely quieter with valves closed. fitted the remote in the ashtray with a bit of foam. will post some pics later.

I fixed the remote under the steering column with a bit of double sided tape. Worked perfectly on my 987👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I fixed the remote under the steering column with a bit of double sided tape. Worked perfectly on my 987👍

3M taped a disc magnet to the dash near the steering column and the remote is just magnetic enough to fix to that.

On 11/17/2022 at 7:30 AM, jasonmo said:

interesting. Open and closed doesn't sound much different, open is actually slightly better I think - less boom more gritty. I will do a proper listen over the weekend. 

I'm already getting used= to it today, just need to be a little less lazy with leaving it in a higher gear and just squeezing the throttle through 2-3000rpm.  

Will keep everyone posted.

Interested in real world thoughts. I'm trying to choose between getting a non-valved catback (Borla/Cargraphic) vs a valved one for my 987.2. Coming from a Mustang with Borla exhaust im not sure whether I would actually close the valves much.

12 hours ago, Pinewood said:

Treated myself to one of these in the black Friday sale.

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000A 12V... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015TKUPIC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This has saved my ar*e a few times, works beautifully - really handy bit of kit. They do a nice hard case for it as well as an optional extra instead of the bag it comes with.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hainesy said:

This has saved my ar*e a few times, works beautifully - really handy bit of kit. They do a nice hard case for it as well as an optional extra instead of the bag it comes with.

Why did you show me that hard case? 🧐 

ordered! 

Took her for an early morning run around the Cotswolds - got waves back from an 18 plate Boxster, a 10 plate Cayman but not the X reg Boxster. She’s pig filthy now so going to give her a quick wash - who else on here is in the Cotswolds apart from our site Princess? 

59 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

What is it, plastic coated wire? Solid plastic?

It’s metal one piece 2mm  laser cut and powder coated see website it describes process   It’s stepped off wall to give 3D effect also described 

https://www.petrolvibes.com

Edited by kevin450
  • Thanks 1