What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

15 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Was that a minor service?  My figure was a major.

No a major service.

I have all the invoices (OPC Reading) from new for my 981 and comparing servicing costs vs my GTS service costs (OPC Bournemouth) there is a big difference, the Boxster being far more expensive when it comes to servicing.

Edited by JurassicGTS
Spelling

15 hours ago, Patt said:

As for Bournemouth - I will certainly never go back there !

Even when you escalate a claim to HQ GB - the MD takes it on himself to down grade it - that's his attitude to customer service and head office !  

They have also learnt that if you keep the car/complaint over two weeks the online link expires and the complaint disappears......

Bournemouth were iffy on customer service levels, prior to the move to new premises, however I am finding the service now excellent. I do think a lot of their issues came from outgrowing the dinosaur of a facility many years ago as demand for the marque grew. I have always had the same service advisor and have a great relationship with her, which maybe helps. OPC just for the service stamp and Indi for everything else.

9 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

Bournemouth were iffy on customer service levels, prior to the move to new premises, however I am finding the service now excellent. I do think a lot of their issues came from outgrowing the dinosaur of a facility many years ago as demand for the marque grew. I have always had the same service advisor and have a great relationship with her, which maybe helps. OPC just for the service stamp and Indi for everything else.

Actually it won't be OPC for the service stamp if they are going to charge me £1400 for a service😳

I got the pricing call back and info from the indy within 30 mins - maybe less yesterday.

OPC assured me he'd call me back with the PADM costs and still nothing.  His motivation was actually to make a booking for the diagnostic work and not actually help fix the problem.  He did say he could give me the Porsche Assist number in case it failed and could get the car recovered straight to them - FFS, what a total idiot!

I think it's the same chump that called me to book the recall work in and pesters about booking services - obviously Porsche think this is good customer service rather than actually speaking to someone with even a vague understanding of the issue and enough professionalism to return the call with the information that was promised.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, alank said:

Just had a Major done with Brookspeed, it was £690, inc Plugs, Filters, and Brake Fluid change,

Sounds about right - was told £450 inc for the service, £96 for the brake fluid, £150 ish for the plugs. It'll keep me going for a couple of years..

4 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Interesting conversation. I’ll be taking mine to a reputable Porsche Indy. It’s last service was at an Indy so no value paying main dealer prices now for stamps in a book.

I would also be looking at our local Indi, but as mine has full OPC history and every Porsche document including  the original order form, feel I have to go OPC, unless they want an exorbitant £1400 for a service.

Yes, i thought £690 was not bad, especially when it is every 2 years, against other brands of cars which have services every year. It works out not much different if you halve the Porsche service cost. I didn't  have an intermediate oil change either as i only did about 5k in that time, and i'm sure Fully Synthetic oil will do for 5k miles🙂.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alank said:

Yes, i thought £690 was not bad, especially when it is every 2 years, against other brands of cars which have services every year. It works out not much different if you halve the Porsche service cost. I didn't  have an intermediate oil change either as i only did about 5k in that time, and i'm sure Fully Synthetic oil will do for 5k miles🙂.

I had my local garage do an oil & filter change as it was lockdown and everything was an issue, but wanted new oil at the time..

12 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

I would also be looking at our local Indi, but as mine has full OPC history and every Porsche document including  the original order form, feel I have to go OPC, unless they want an exorbitant £1400 for a service.

Mine came with all of that too but last 2 services at an Indy. I’ll get a quote from Porsche Colchester out of curiosity. If it’s close I’ll use them but can’t see that being the case. As long as a Porsche Indy is used I don’t think it will hurt the value at all. 

PADM failure isn't on the computer for Porsche Assist.  You actually have to be quite forceful to get them to action.  

The first time they sent out an AA man, who agreed with my comment " not fit for purpose" and organised a low loader to come collect.

The second time I told OPC Reading to call their assist number as I wasn't going through the pain again.

I am more than happy with the Durametric cable.

Does what it says on the tin and very easy to install on a lappy too - unlike Chinese copies.

oh and also resets the airbag light.

6 hours ago, Patt said:

PADM failure isn't on the computer for Porsche Assist.  You actually have to be quite forceful to get them to action.  

The first time they sent out an AA man, who agreed with my comment " not fit for purpose" and organised a low loader to come collect.

The second time I told OPC Reading to call their assist number as I wasn't going through the pain again.

I had/have zero intention of calling for assist when the car is driving fine.  Just proves my point that the person giving the advise is an idiot!  Still no info' so I'll do my own thing and advise they sit on the diagnostic tool rather than plug my car in on the day.  

• 2 weeks later...

Washed my car yesterday, and I'm always so chuffed the way it cleans up.  This is by far the best car I've ever had for many reasons, one of which is how it looks after a quick wash:

20220508_154234

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Is it ceramic coated @Davey P.Looks amazing.How did you get that shine?

Just an illusion caused by lack of canvas on teh upper surfaces to counterpoint the metalwork...  Sorry couldn't resist @Davey P

Edited by ½cwt
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Liberty said:

Is it ceramic coated @Davey P.Looks amazing.How did you get that shine?

No mate, I just give it a quick wash with Meguires NXT shampoo every few weeks using my tried and tested "one bucket" method (:lol:) and then dry using a big soft microfibre cloth.  That's it.  I have got various spray waxes, but by the time I've washed and dried the car it looks fine, and I can't be bothered to wax it.  I don't know if the car had been ceramic coated prior to me buying it a year ago, and I wouldn't know how to tell anyway.  I haven't got the patience to spend too long on it, but I do like a nice clean car, same as everyone else on here of course. Maybe I will wax it one day and see if that makes any difference.

I should add, the paintwork is in great shape all round, with only a couple of tiny stone chips on the bonnet, and one at the top of the A pillar that will need sorting out sometime.  I've got the touch up paint ready, plus some Chip-ex micro applicators, but haven't had the balls to use them yet... The wheels are also more or less unmarked, with no curbing anywhere.  It is probably obvious, but I absolutely love this car.

11 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Just an illusion caused by lack of canvas on teh upper surfaces to counterpoint the metalwork...  Sorry couldn't resist @Davey P

I will treat that statement with the contempt it deserves... :lol:

• Like 3

Been a busy week.

Thursday (yesterday) had PDK oil and gear oil changed at Autofarm. Really nice guys and impressive setup. Very happy with the service and staff, very helpful. Transmission noticeably improved, now at 50k miles.

Today (Friday) fitted new front tuning forks. Front end a lot quieter, there must have been a subtle array of noises previously plus the one intermittent rattle which I noticed in April, driving over French cobbled streets in Alsace. All noises have definately been eradicated.

In other Friday news, recieved a NIP for speeding in my wife's BMW Touring. Oh, how I laughed. Annoying as I saw the scamera van a little too late (obvs). Was on one of the two lane dual carraigeways in MK. Centre. Downhill, so easy prey.

Entered for a BARC Sprint at Curborough and joined the BARC Club. (BARC = Brotish Automobile Racing Club)

Tomorrow I'm going to be installing a pair of Spyder Performance rear coffin arms, C/W powerflex bushes. Hope the bolts haven't seized although I have spent £41 on two Porsche genuine inner bolts for them just in case.

The coffin arms were £90 each. Spyder performance versions are made on the same production line as Meyle, but have Spyder stamped on them.

Edited by andygo