What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

21 hours ago, daz05 said:

Just to be clear they prise up in about 5 seconds no messing with door card. To be honest it's an easy job too, bolted in rather than those nasty plastic clips.

What is the match like to the existing leather please Daz?

I'm hopefully seeing Robin in a few weeks to have my puddle lights activated :-).

Edited by michelin

1 hour ago, michelin said:

What is the match like to the existing leather please Daz?

I'm hopefully seeing Robin in a few weeks to have my puddle lights activated :-).

It's quite a good match slightly different texture I have the smooth grain type but colour is good. It just lifts the grab a bit the vinyl stuff they fit as standard is awful.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Gave my car a quick wash this morning - Wow, she certainly scrubs up well (just like her owner! :lol:)

And like the owner, thankfully never to be seen with their top off. 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davey P said:

Gave my car a quick wash this morning - Wow, she certainly scrubs up well (just like her owner! :lol:)

Is that ready for next weekend at Gaydon? We won't take the mick too much. Promise 🤞

Now where's my can opener? Mustn't forget to take that.🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Is that ready for next weekend at Gaydon? We won't take the mick too much. Promise 🤞

Now where's my can opener? Mustn't forget to take that.🤣

Whats happening at Gaydon?

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:31 PM, ½cwt said:

A bit of shameless promotion here.  On 24 April there is a Boxster 25th Anniversary BoXa.net meet at the British Motor Museum Gaydon, please link to the topic below for more information and to note your interest:

For those that have said 'yes' or may have missed it altogether, @andygo here are the details for next Sunday's BoXa.net event at Gaydon:

Edited by ½cwt

Let my wife drive!

Had a shoulder op a few weeks ago so I'm off driving for a while and the car needed a run out. 

Pleased to report the car survived, alloys intact. Heart rate still climbing down from 300 bpm!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Let my wife drive!

Had a shoulder op a few weeks ago so I'm off driving for a while and the car needed a run out. 

Pleased to report the car survived, alloys intact. Heart rate still climbing down from 300 bpm!

Brave man!😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Let my wife drive!

I did the same today😳

Went over to Portland for brekky and she insisted on driving home. Same as you, no kerbing or any other damage, phew!

Issue is, she now wants to take the Boxster to her annual Wimbledon ladies gathering😳😳😳

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

I did the same today😳

Went over to Portland for brekky and she insisted on driving home. Same as you, no kerbing or any other damage, phew!

Issue is, she now wants to take the Boxster to her annual Wimbledon ladies gathering😳😳😳

Quick, hide the keys!!!

• Haha 1

Realised my front ps4s tyres must now be scrubbed in, they felt great. I had them fitted over winter during so limited opportunity to use them until recently.

I had way more feel at the front vs the P-zero it's nice to have some feedback, the car felt great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kharma45 said:

Mulling over winter tyres. Found a set for a not unreasonable price (shipping shouldn't be too bad) but tyre age not in their favour. From the middle of 2014 and might be a bit on the old side.

Wide berth. 8 years old before you are even using them and manufacturers typically recommend replacing tyres around 7 years old. 

57 minutes ago, kharma45 said:

Mulling over winter tyres. Found a set for a not unreasonable price (shipping shouldn't be too bad) but tyre age not in their favour. From the middle of 2014 and might be a bit on the old side.

You're driving a sports car worth 10s of thousands and want to drive it in poor winter conditions. Pay the extra £300, or whatever, for new tyres...  Tyres, particularly winter ones, are not an area to economise on.

• Like 1

Winter tyres seem to last ages, well past what you would normally expect.

I think mine are 2012 and the rears are only just getting to a stage where I would consider replacing them as the depth is getting down to about 4.5mm

Stored in the shed away from any sunlight and only used for 4-5 months of the year.  No cracking or any such worries.

I think the winters on my old 986 were 3rd hand and a similar age too.

12 hours ago, BrianJ said:

Porsche won't sell you a used car with tyres over 5 years old.

111 OPC porsche check says 

338BFB94-597D-493A-AE64-501F5016AFCE.thumb.jpeg.385092cb3388aa4605d5d40942c256a8.jpeg

This is worded ambigously.

It could be interpreted as <5yrs or <6yrs 

Any opinion?

I've got an interest as the car I bought with OPC warranty had front tyres fitted that are badly cracked in the treads and were >5yrs old but <6 yrs old according to DOT date.

I'll be raising with the OPC for their take 

On 4/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, JurassicGTS said:

I did the same today😳

I have the same issue - wife is away this wknd on a girls wknd,she's worried about taking the EV as it's over 250 miles away,she doesn't like driving my truck so got no choice  what scares me the most is she's a speed demon and drives like she stole it so I'm expecting her to pick up a speeding ticket!

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

111 OPC porsche check says 

338BFB94-597D-493A-AE64-501F5016AFCE.thumb.jpeg.385092cb3388aa4605d5d40942c256a8.jpeg

This is worded ambigously.

It could be interpreted as <5yrs or <6yrs 

Any opinion?

I've got an interest as the car I bought with OPC warranty had front tyres fitted that are badly cracked in the treads and were >5yrs old but <6 yrs old according to DOT date.

I'll be raising with the OPC for their take 

I presume the are the P Zero N0 tyres?  If so notoriously cr*p and they crack - avoid these completely.

P Zero N1 tyres are an improvement, but not as good as Michelin PS4S all round..