What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

19 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Umm, I think you maybe better with the smaller plinth and plate. Although I didn’t think it looked bad in the first place😎

Just looked up how to sort the bubbles - hair dryer and some pressure and all good.  I like the non plinth look - each to their own though :)  @Tony Daniel's also in the non plinth camp and @RBD914 v2 's spyder also has a lovely front end plinth-less!

1 minute ago, alank said:

Second that, i think it looked good before.  What happened to fixing holes. Filled /Painted?

the plinth holes which are behind the sticky plate I just trimmed down to flush and filled with silicone to stop the plate "sinking" in.  The outer ones where the old plate was fixed to the plinth had a very slight indent in the bumper, but it looks like a stone chip on either side.  I might do something with those though

finally fitted the spoiler i had made,    £300 total cost including paint.   Not going to say it was as easy as we planned but its not a porsche part so the mounts took a little more time this afternoon to do on the porsche spoiler brackets.   Now fits perfect.  very happy

kXyqE7H.jpg

1SNh9pG.jpg

a1zb6Hj.jpg

1sJsV6G.jpg

ZewWEPP.jpg

oSODgr2.jpg

XXh4Y0x.jpg

pGpcKR1.jpg

Edited by robporsche
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, robporsche said:

finally fitted the spoiler i had made,    £300 total cost including paint.   Not going to say it was as easy as we planned but its not a porsche part so the mounts took a little more time this afternoon to do on the porsche spoiler brackets.   Now fits perfect.  very happy

kXyqE7H.jpg

1SNh9pG.jpg

a1zb6Hj.jpg

1sJsV6G.jpg

ZewWEPP.jpg

oSODgr2.jpg

XXh4Y0x.jpg

pGpcKR1.jpg

That looks great. Your skills are excellent. How did you make it? Did you make a mold from an original spoiler. I’ve done the Spyder conversion using OEM parts and including paint it was £700. So you’ve made a fantastic saving. Might be an opportunity if you can produce more 👍 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

That looks great. Your skills are excellent. How did you make it? Did you make a mold from an original spoiler. I’ve done the Spyder conversion using OEM parts and including paint it was £700. So you’ve made a fantastic saving. Might be an opportunity if you can produce more 👍 

Yeah its been a bit of work in progress since December,  alot of googling and a mate of a mate lending his spoiler :)    Biggest issue was the how to fix it and had 3 goes of the brackets and nailed it this afternoon.  We actually made one that mirrors the lower brake light so and was going to bring a wire up via the mounting bracket, but just couldnt get it looking too great then abandoned the idea 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robporsche said:

Yeah its been a bit of work in progress since December,  alot of googling and a mate of a mate lending his spoiler :)    Biggest issue was the how to fix it and had 3 goes of the brackets and nailed it this afternoon.  We actually made one that mirrors the lower brake light so and was going to bring a wire up via the mounting bracket, but just couldnt get it looking too great then abandoned the idea 

That does look great @robporsche every time I see a ducktail and the placement of the Porsche logo, I think that the latest one I see is the right place :)

On 4/8/2022 at 7:33 PM, Withy said:

Sticky plate (all within regs it seems).  Not perfect, ideally it would be less tall to stop tiny pockets of air, too late to trim it now, it'll do for the moment

Before

Sticky plate

After

Sticky plate

Looks good I had a nightmare fitting mine and messed up the fitting because of the crease line. As you know I ended up going for the short plinth instead.

Steering wheel notch is a nice touch!

• Like 1

Spent 3.5 hours cleaning off a year’s worth of tar blobs and cr*p on the inside of the wheels. The stuff that is so stuck on it won’t come off on the regular wash.

264-A975-D-215-A-4075-BD78-0-DD9-D9014-F

Couldn’t find my wheel wax so had to use collinite for now. At least they’re done for now and will get some sealant on soon.

• Like 2

Decided to go for the black fins in the front.

I didn’t re-fit the grilles as I want to trim them down a bit more and think of a better way to fit them. They looked perfect before but I knew they weren’t tidy on the bit you don’t see. 

370-DD2-C4-4177-4361-9-EC8-574-F74-C5-AC

BBBFBF48-2-A43-4-BEF-B861-7-C30-F98-CA7-

Couldn’t be bothered getting it out the garage just to take a full photo so here’s an earlier artist’s impression.

C03-E28-E5-5430-4-AB7-A21-E-F8-F48-B8-F1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moospeed said:

I didn’t re-fit the grilles as I want to trim them down a bit more and think of a better way to fit them. They looked perfect before but I knew they weren’t tidy on the bit you don’t see. 

Couldn’t be bothered getting it out the garage just to take a full photo so here’s an earlier artist’s impression.

Looks good 👍 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ATM said:

Passed

Nice one, always a great feeling when that happens - Mine passed last month with no advisories, and I wasn't even surprised.  These cars seem pretty bullet proof to me :thumbsup_anim:

6 hours ago, moospeed said:

Definitely look better in black, black and yellow is a good combination 👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

So know door card removing then, just pry them with a trim tool?

I've done door card removal on my 981, passenger side.  I had to replace the complete mirror because the old one was destroyed.  I never go the top piece back in place correctly.  OCD warning  - If anyone is thinking of trying it - you might not be 100% happy afterwards.