What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

47 minutes ago, Withy said:

Watched @daz05's video on PSE and decided to make sure mine was working as expected as sometimes I don't hear the switch in tone.. but all looks to be fine, and since the actuators squeak, I've ordered some high temp spray lubricant (WD-40 Silicone).  Also added a trombone cleaner too so I can do the drains too

https://vimeo.com/687712463

Definitely time to clean up around the plectrum and lubricate.

There are two golden rules, no cold starts and stop before a layup, even if just until the weekend. If you do manually close to get the fluid out and lubricate with WD40 or something.

Always drive with it off for a while - a press a day keeps the rust away 😂

Edited by daz05
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, moonshine said:

What is that on the road in the distance?

It's a Sprint 15 Catamaran as I'd been sailing (well trying to...) at Grafham Water which is my home club at an open meeting.  In front is a competitor on his way home..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

It's a Sprint 15 Catamaran as I'd been sailing (well trying to...) at Grafham Water which is my home club at an open meeting.  In front is a competitor on his way home..

I guessed a Cat, but it could have been a glider tail as well . And it also looked a bit like an old Mercedes SL 

• Like 1

Cleaned the roof, applied Fabsil Gold.  used the trombone cleaner on as per some folks advice and did a test that roof drains are working as expected.  All looks OK to me

Edited by Withy

Cleaned off the filth from the recent Wales jolly boys outing. Looks like the paint sealant and wax are doing their job, this is just with water spraying off the grime before washing.

EF390602-8779-4-ACA-8885-28-A11-EF7-FC6-

Edited by moospeed
  • Like 3

On 3/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, moospeed said:

That is indeed a thing of beauty. Red with black wheels is a great combo 😻

How funny I posted that and then this turned up the next day. 

D6959-F4-F-207-A-48-B4-BED9-4-EF7-FDB8-E

I just want to try something in case the fairy godmother is listening…

Testarossa Testarossa Testarossa

🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Yes I'm getting bored of silver but I do like the polished lip on yours Moospeed. Car looks awesome.

I think they're the same wheels as mine, surprisingly they are painted silver edge, not polished. Much more durable

• Like 2

11 hours ago, daz05 said:

Yes I'm getting bored of silver but I do like the polished lip on yours Moospeed. Car looks awesome.

If I was buying again I'd go for GT Silver.  Must be easier to maintain and is just more durable over time.

Mine's Diamond Black and lovely when it's properly clean, but the slightest water mark/dust/debris shows right up.

Collecting a new tin top next week and it's Glacier White.  Haven't had a white car since my MK1 Astra GTE back in the day!

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

If I was buying again I'd go for GT Silver.  Must be easier to maintain and is just more durable over time.

Mine's Diamond Black and lovely when it's properly clean, but the slightest water mark/dust/debris shows right up.

Collecting a new tin top next week and it's Glacier White.  Haven't had a white car since my MK1 Astra GTE back in the day!

I went from black to white and the cleaning is so much easier 👌

• Like 1

Changed the spark plugs. Pretty straightforward, although interestingly the nearside three were trickier to access then the offside three.

The nearside front plug was a proper so and so, needed to bring all my gynaecologist skills into play as well as a varied selection of universal joint and wobbly extensions.

Anyway, all done now the car is at 50K miles. I have recently swapped front discs (Sebro) and pads (Texstar). I was slightly surprised that swapping the old discs and pads out seemed to cure a slight wheel wobble I had at an indicated 80mph on my obviously optimistic ( :) )speedo. Must have been the ridged discs having a say.

Next job is to change the PDK oils and fluids and exhaust manifold to cat gaskets and bolts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Went down to the local Royal Mail sorting Office and paid the £41:08 import tax (Inclusive of £8 Royal Mail handling fee) for my Emc2 fitting kit for the 991 front splitter to fit my 981 Boxster. So I’ll fit tomorrow and hopefully like the look 👍

Happy days 👍

I was out in mine today for a nice couple of hours and it was fantastic! That GTS symposer even sounds great with the roof down, proper mean sounding! I gave the car a quick look over before I put it away and that new front splitter does look good and more importantly it hadn’t dropped off while I was gunning it😂👌

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, andygo said:

needed to bring all my gynaecologist skills into play as well as a varied selection of universal joint and wobbly extensions.

Interesting private life you have. 

• Haha 1

Failed on my first attempt at fitting the 991 front splitter to my 981 😂😂 @Lonewolfgjp looking under the car I see what’s in the pictures below.

[url=https://postimg.cc/WqZHt2nb][img]https://i.postimg.cc/WqZHt2nb/56-E31-AA3-5-D93-4-A08-B805-B1-D2-A21385-A5.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimg.cc/LnTVDYnF][img]https://i.postimg.cc/LnTVDYnF/E02-C598-C-0532-4-AC6-983-C-F9387-F57-F6-E2.jpg[/img][/url]

So first question did yours look like this? If so obviously you have to remove the small lip that’s there already. Go on give us a clue as to how. Tried sliding but it’s not moving 🙄 This isn’t mentioned in the Emc2 fitting instructions. Any help appreciated 👍

Edited by Ringmaster999