What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Good effort.  From experience the first time you look at something and disassemble it is the worst, thereafter you become more familiar and it gest less complicated.

I've rebuilt certain motorcycles & their engines now that if I strip a Yamaha LC or Montesa Cota I can throw all the bits in one place and put them back no issue.

Next time you delve into the bowels of the Boxster it will be less of a surprise & you'll get further..

5 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Good effort.  From experience the first time you look at something and disassemble it is the worst, thereafter you become more familiar and it gest less complicated.

I've rebuilt certain motorcycles & their engines now that if I strip a Yamaha LC or Montesa Cota I can throw all the bits in one place and put them back no issue.

Next time you delve into the bowels of the Boxster it will be less of a surprise & you'll get further..

He can do this, a good night's sleep and the box of parts sitting in his front porch for a couple of days doing nothing is all the motivation he needs.

@Lonewolfnot difficult once you commit, take your time and take it slow.

Edited by daz05
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, daz05 said:

He can do this, a good night's sleep and the box of parts sitting in his front porch for a couple of days doing nothing is all the motivation he needs.

@Lonewolfnot difficult once you commit, take your time and take it slow.

The parts have arrived and there is a large box in our hallway…..

I will open it tomorrow and give the parts a clean up 🧽 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, Withy said:

After researching (rennlist) which type of cloth tape to use when adding a faux centre stripe on alcantara wheel, it arrived today and I applied it.  Super simple to do (it's just sticky backed and can be taken off at any point with no residue.  Think it's quite good, and it's precisely the correct width.  Seem to have a bit spare too :)

Will leave it for a while to see if I like it, so far I do, but I also recognise that it might be a bit w@nky as it isn't the real deal

Before

Wheel stripe

After

51846956352_ff6762f6f2_b.jpg

Spare!:

51848246224_4b8e9cf45c_b.jpg

That looks pretty smart to me and I'm guessing slightly cheaper than an official new wheel!

Where did you get the tape?

45 minutes ago, Buzzfox said:

That looks pretty smart to me and I'm guessing slightly cheaper than an official new wheel!

Where did you get the tape?

From here https://www.londongraphics.co.uk/pro-spike-matt-cloth-tape-12mm-x-55m-red. got a load left, PM me your address and I'll send you some if you like

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, michelin said:

I've always wanted that red mark on my SW but its leather.

Am I correct in assuming it was only ever fitted to an alcantara wheel?

At least it would match the red callipers 😁

I think it was only GT3 steering wheels which it came on from factory, which were all alcantara, but plenty of people seem to have added to leather wheels too.https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/915788-top-center-marker-on-steering-wheel-4.html Ask @GTSMarky what it looks like when he puts on his, as I sent him a couple of strips to try.  PM your address and I'll get some off to you too if you like

Edited by Withy

5 hours ago, michelin said:

@Withy

I’ve tried to send you a PM but a message has come up saying you can’t receive messages to your inbox. Maybe your inbox is full. 
👍🏼☺️👍🏼

Empty now.. sorry about that!

• Haha 1

Took it out for the first time in aaages.  Added some road grime, corroding salt and a few hundred miles, the de-valuing is coming along nicely.

This was at sunset, I haven't painted the memorial to match the car, hashtag #nofilter  😎

IMG-20220201-162109.jpg

• Like 6

In for recall today, got a nice explanation of the work to be carried out and a guided tour under the car. Bit if a kick in the teeth to see my low mileage summer driven car with a bit of corrosion on the inside of the brake lines which are hidden behind the calipers. Lower subframe brace also needs a good rub down. Be as well driving the thing all year round!

• Like 1

I took mine out for a nice run around the country lanes and ended up in Ludlow.

51875955529_cc705a84a9_b.jpg

I was mainly taking it to check how the GTS sound symphoser sounds when driven in attack mode and it didn’t disappoint, also the car ran faultlessly after me taking it apart which is both a miracle and a blessing 😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I took mine out for a nice run around the country lanes and ended up in Ludlow.

51875955529_cc705a84a9_b.jpg

I was mainly taking it to check how the GTS sound symphoser sounds when driven in attack mode and it didn’t disappoint, also the car ran faultlessly after me taking it apart which is both a miracle and a blessing 😂

Something very very cool about white with those wheels.  Are those LED side repeaters? I've wondered if there is  "need" to do that for my own one!

10 minutes ago, Withy said:

Something very very cool about white with those wheels.  Are those LED side repeaters? I've wondered if there is  "need" to do that for my own one!

Yes I agree the new wheel combination has really transformed the look of the car. I did spend quite a bit of time researching before I decided on the satin black diamond cut but I’m glad I did. 
Yes those are the led side indicators and yes they would look great on your tGT silver GTS, if you notice in the picture my friends GT silver GTS Cayman and I have convinced him to get some for his 🤣

• Like 1

Had mine paint corrected and ceramic coated. Looks amazing.

[url=https://postimg.cc/Xrv5HQkx][img]https://i.postimg.cc/Mp7YGLMk/24-D14-E8-B-2-A7-F-4372-8-D69-BCFE92-EC5378.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimg.cc/k2hbkKjC][img]https://i.postimg.cc/vmGtxvf4/93-D90-DC2-8173-4-A05-83-FC-3-F4-E7496-F23-B.jpg[/img][/url]

Edited by Stuno1

42 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Were did you get it done.