What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

11 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Ice ice baby…

..IIRC there's a reference to a 'rag top' in the lyrics too.

Bum bum bum bum bubbadumbum....

The very start of the 90's.  I had a Peugeot 205XS and a Yamaha RD350LC FII Powervalve..

Not a care in the world other than how on earth I was going to afford an FZR600 & I'm still chasing bikes today!

Edited by GTSMarky

18 hours ago, daz05 said:

If you had a ducktail those large chunks of ice wouldn't form and you'd be left with a more uniform pattern. 😂😂😂

if I put a ducktail on then I need the 3.8 motor to go with it & note the positioning of the GTS badge Daz, as I'm sure this will be on your list of additions as your car morphs further into a GTS!

If you bring your crayons and tracing paper down you can make a transfer!🖍️😂

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:23 AM, GTSMarky said:

Do you have the forum 2022 calendar Daz?

January will satisfy your ducktail desires...

On 1/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, daz05 said:

I don't sadly 😞

@daz05 if you want one I’m pretty sure there are a few left. Ask Malcolm E Box. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Skin said:

6 year service,24 months extended warranty and a good polish

D3F4BC06-9146-42FC-B0AF-DB13A53EEC06

Where did you take it for the service if you don't mind my asking? Mine will be due the six year service soon and Norwich Porsche have quoted about £250 more than Autowerke.

ETA assuming it's Norwich Porsche if you've also extended the warranty?

Edited by andy_l

After researching (rennlist) which type of cloth tape to use when adding a faux centre stripe on alcantara wheel, it arrived today and I applied it.  Super simple to do (it's just sticky backed and can be taken off at any point with no residue.  Think it's quite good, and it's precisely the correct width.  Seem to have a bit spare too :)

Will leave it for a while to see if I like it, so far I do, but I also recognise that it might be a bit w@nky as it isn't the real deal

Before

Wheel stripe

After

51846956352_ff6762f6f2_b.jpg

Spare!:

51848246224_4b8e9cf45c_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have been researching the sound symposer off the GTS models and trying to find out how difficult it is to fit to a 981s.

Daz has fitted it to his and there is a little bit of sketchy information online but not a lot. Basically it is a plastic pipe with a valve that connects to the drivers airbox finishes in a pre drilled hole in the firewall. There is also a vacuum connection to control the valve but that is it.

Quite straight forward I thought? No you need to replace the drivers side airbox with the GTS version with the connector for the pipe £450+Vat from Porsche plus another £150ish for the rest of it 😪 You can find them used if your very lucky but they are very very hard to find.

After a lot of digging round and weeks later I managed to find one in a breakers in Latvia which I’m currently waiting to arrive.

I decided to put the roof in the service position and have a look at the engine bay. Quite a faff on these compared to the early models but it was my first time 😂
Firstly I noticed mine didn’t have the pre drilled hole in the firewall 😩

51846603867_7945d731ca_b.jpg

Umm not sure about drilling blindly into the engine bay but I thought let’s have a look to see what room we’ve got. It turns out to replace the airbox you need to remove the intake manifold, a bit advanced for me but I thought I will have a go.

51847735403_49cd57e89f_b.jpg

Then I saw the engine bay 😂 The access is terrible And the airbox that needs removing is tucked out of site by the changeover valve.

51847992369_a6e004a8ee_b.jpg

So I decided to quit while I was ahead, I will ask Cotswold Porsche to fit for me when they do the service.

At least I got to see how it all worked and came apart 😂

• Like 2