What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

@mrbikerdood that's cute.  Did you have it specially made, or you just found a Martini cup with the right number?

seen these before...bit of a search and here you go

https://legacylegends.co.uk/

Edited by Stuart21UK

13 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

That looks great 👍 

Maybe you should do a write up on how you did it and what it cost?

I’m interested in doing this job myself!

I own a company manufacturing and selling OEM level lighting retrofit kits for VAG cars and the parts used were bought in bulk however as an idea of the costs:

Footwell kit - £33 to £110 depending on whether the LED lights used are from Audi or Porsche (the size of the hole is too small for the Audi light and needs slight trimming but is a big saving on the Porsche light cost wise).

Door puddle lights - you can go 2 ways, you can go with cheaper aftermarket logo lights which work out about £35 a pair including harnesses or you can go for genuine Porsche logo lights which are £140 a pair and then £25 or so for harnesses.

I am reluctant to say too much as I am unsure of the advertising rules on here but if anyone would like more information please feel free to send me an pm or if its ok for me to share this information on the forum then I will continue to do so without mentioning the company name but be as helpful as I can with these retrofits in order to help owners.

@Robin_GTS I hope you are able to share more details and I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to share these on here. I have a set of OEM lights for the interior door handle which I'm keen to add will these need coding, they seem to replace the green box behind the door card?

I'd like to know how you were you able to code these and everything else in, are you activating the option for the extended lighting package.

16 minutes ago, daz05 said:

@Robin_GTS I hope you are able to share more details and I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to share these on here. I have a set of OEM lights for the interior door handle which I'm keen to add will these need coding, they seem to replace the green box behind the door card?

I'd like to know how you were you able to code these and everything else in, are you activating the option for the extended lighting package.

Hi Daz

So the door module does require coding, there are specific pins on the module to power certain lights, for the puddle light it is controlled by a separate pin to the say the door handle and door pocket ambient light.

The harnesses I produce are wired into the door module with the OEM terminals so its like factory fit.

On this image you can see the additional harness that was fitted to the existing harness which powers the puddle lights and then goes on to power the interior door handle LED and the door pocket light - but not from the same power feed. 

IMG-7419.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Picked up my Ducktail spoiler from the painters. So now a little project over the Christmas period when I need to escape to the garage sanctuary 😂😂👍

These look great. Did you buy yours from Porsche? 

1 minute ago, Stuno1 said:

Does that include being painted? 

Unfortunately not. Had it done locally by a recommended sprayer who also supply’s paint that he makes for all local vehicle repair shops. So no worries on sourcing the correct colour. £150. Had a quote from Spraymaster in Reading who are a Porsche approved repair centre in the Dick Lovett group which was £220. 

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Ah ok, the design 911 one seems good value. Am I missing something? 

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod136598/Rear-Upper-spoiler--aerofoil-Cayman-and-Boxster-Porsche-981/

It’s obviously after-market so I’ve no idea about it’s quality. I made a mistake in my earlier post. Meant to say cheaper than Europarts. So I suppose the saying “you pays your money ……” comes into play here with the design 911 one 👍

17 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

It’s obviously after-market so I’ve no idea about it’s quality. I made a mistake in my earlier post. Meant to say cheaper than Europarts. So I suppose the saying “you pays your money ……” comes into play here with the design 911 one 👍

Ah ok. Makes sense. I would go Porsche route too. 

On 12/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, Stuno1 said:

Ah ok, the design 911 one seems good value. Am I missing something? 

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod136598/Rear-Upper-spoiler--aerofoil-Cayman-and-Boxster-Porsche-981/

thats for a caymen aswell, i dindt think there was much difference when i looked but there is so they are no interchangable.    

• 2 weeks later...

Applied the wifes hand cream to my knuckles which are pretty torn up after finishing my GTS front bumper. 

This was probably the biggest challenge i've taken on so far but taking time to get it right has paid off. No pictures yet but will post my video documenting the process and the final result when I get the editing done.

Also had some new ps4s fitted to the front, which I haven't tried out yet.

Next up, revisiting the exhaust bolts for the second time in my ownership, it looks like the other side is now in need of attention so must fix before its too late.

Recall hasn't been done because the parts didn't make it up here 😯. When that's done I have the 718 rear brace sitting in stock ready to fit. It's going to be a busy winter 👍

Take care.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, daz05 said:

Applied the wifes hand cream to my knuckles which are pretty torn up after finishing my GTS front bumper. 

This was probably the biggest challenge i've taken on so far but taking time to get it right has paid off. No pictures yet but will post my video documenting the process and the final result when I get the editing done.

Also had some new ps4s fitted to the front, which I haven't tried out yet.

Next up, revisiting the exhaust bolts for the second time in my ownership, it looks like the other side is now in need of attention so must fix before its too late.

Recall hasn't been done because the parts didn't make it up here 😯. When that's done I have the 718 rear brace sitting in stock ready to fit. It's going to be a busy winter 👍

Take care.

..what about the back DAZ.. Are you doing that too or are you going for a hybrid look?

I think I'll pull my rear boxes in the spring and do the studs and service the valves, or maybe I'll just drop by Daz's gaff with some hob nobs as a sweetener.

One of my valves is sticking - I can't get the ball joint for fear of breaking something whilst on the drive.

It's been greased up but the thought is that the cup gets rusty and causes it to stick open.