What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Fitting some front condenser vent grills but struggling to get the painted fin covers off from the inside outside clips out easy but inside will not move will update if I have success.

Recently got Porky back from having new condensers fitted. Also had the PDK gearbox fluid changed. £750 lighter but a great job done and in now have working air conn again. Now fitting intake mesh to protect new condensers. 

• Like 1

Kev62 - Who did your PDK oil change?, following official guidance mines not due for 4.5years/80K, but I'm not happy to leave it that long (Local indy to me RPM, are virtually the same price as Silverstone OPC!)

2 hours ago, Stu67 said:

Kev62 - Who did your PDK oil change?, following official guidance mines not due for 4.5years/80K, but I'm not happy to leave it that long (Local indy to me RPM, are virtually the same price as Silverstone OPC!)

Hi Stu my indi Right Tune in Wallingford Oxon done it they recommended that whilst the Porsche guidance states the quoted interval they recommend intervals if 6 years. I decided to go with the earlier change in the basis is it’s cheaper than gearbox problems.  If you need any further info give me a shout 

I have one for my 987 and I use it during the first part of summer, when bucket loads of pollen and other tree debris are rife. Mine has little magnets around the rim seams, which stop it flapping around in the wind and is waterproof.

Pros: stops cats, bird shyatee and airborne stuff getting to your roof.

Cons: slightly fiddly to fit, always slight angst about potential paint damage, storing it when off the car.

I’m going to try it in winter to stop the windows freezing up. If the windows can’t drop when you open the door you can cause damage.

Took mine in for a major service and mot, heard really good things about this place that is about 40mins from me from some local guys that have 911s and so far so good,  friendly, chatty guys that have alot of porkies parked in and around the building, and know there stuff, hopefully found the place to get a serviced now.

0wZJcza.jpg

NsVhtVQ.jpg

diZ05pI.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 7:24 AM, alank said:

Sent my UKCUSTOMCOVERS  Roof cover back as it was a real PITA to fit , the £16 one i have now is on in a less than a minute, and has been 100% waterproof for 18m months now,

Could I get a link for this please? Am considering getting one for winter as well and my finger was hovering over the UK Custom Covers buy button as it looked well made!

Edited by Hainesy

Washed the Cayman (again) ready for a boys trip to Bournemouth Air Show tomorrow. 

Finally got round to aligning the wheel centre caps with the tyre valves, so the only thing people on here can moan about now is the driveway weeds... :lol:

20210902_141013