What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

8 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Had my callipers painted red. Thought long and hard about it but glad I went for it. Really stands out with a white car. 

I think the red takes some beating, it is tempting to try something different but the red goes well with all wheel and body colours.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Fitted the Spyder spoiler, I will get some decent outdoor pictures later this week 😎

51528135286_1c457c19f4_b.jpg

51527324977_0d258945a7_b.jpg

51528871854_a87a96f8d3_b.jpg

51529053690_03e2e6e92c_b.jpg

Love it @Lonewolfgjp That’s made my mind up. What white code is yours? Mine is 0Q White LC9A. Also where did you get it sprayed. 👍

Edited by Ringmaster999

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Love it @Lonewolfgjp That’s made my mind up. What white code is yours? Mine is 0Q White LC9A. Also where did you get it sprayed. 👍

Hi there 

Yours is the same paint code as mine, I removed my original spoiler and gave it to the body shop as well as the paint code. I m sure there will be some variants of the same colour, so I thought if they have the original they stand a chance.

The colour looks pretty good to me, all my plastic parts look slightly different to the body under the garage leds but look fine in the daylight.

I got a friend of mine who runs a insurance body shop to do mine, mates rates. I would of thought normally £100 plus the vat would probably be about right.

When you order your parts don’t forget the fixing screws as they aren’t included with your mounting brackets 👍

• Thanks 1

Spent the morning trying to polish the chrome exhaust with some succes.

Fitted my CTEK to the + battery terminal and the spare 8MM bolt hole on the front wing running the connector through the finger hole.

Fitted a nice £9.00 Ebay key cover.

IMG_20210929_120659604_HDRIMG_20210928_122252834IMG_20210928_121432560

• Like 1

Hi Jurassic,

You've set up your Ctek exactly the way I did. I had a problem, after a while, which originally I thought might have been the charger. This turned out to be corrosion on the bolt into the front wing causing too much resistance and confusing the charger. I cleaned up the contact area again and then smeared a bit of Vaseline onto the bolt and connector to prevent recurrence. It's worked a treat so far and may save you from a similar fate!

• Like 1

Dropped it off for annual MOT. Passed with no advisories.

Now booked in at OPC mid Nov for the recall regarding suspect suspension side arms.

My Cayman has been sat on the driveway unused all week, so I treated it to a decent wash this morning (work is very quiet here at the moment...).  Also, a while ago it had picked up a feint scratch along one side on the panel behind the passenger's door, which was quite annoying. I managed to successfully polish it out by hand, using Meguires Ultimate Polish, so really pleased with that :thumbsup_anim:  Didn't even need to use the machine polisher, which remains unused in it's box in the garage :lol:

23 hours ago, Davey P said:

My Cayman has been sat on the driveway unused all week, so I treated it to a decent wash this morning (work is very quiet here at the moment...).  Also, a while ago it had picked up a feint scratch along one side on the panel behind the passenger's door, which was quite annoying. I managed to successfully polish it out by hand, using Meguires Ultimate Polish, so really pleased with that :thumbsup_anim:  Didn't even need to use the machine polisher, which remains unused in it's box in the garage :lol:

So lets be clear, was it a real scratch you polished out😁

58 minutes ago, Desiro said:

So lets be clear, was it a real scratch you polished out😁

Yes mate.  I was driving down a narrow country road on Isle of Wight recently and a car came the other way.  As I squeezed past I accidentally caught a tree branch on the nearside.  It left a faint scratch, but lucky for me it wasn't deep, and has polished out completely.  Panic over! :lol:

On 10/7/2021 at 7:09 AM, Ringer250 said:

Dropped it off for annual MOT. Passed with no advisories.

Now booked in at OPC mid Nov for the recall regarding suspect suspension side arms.

I thought its the piece of alloy which all the arms attach to rather than the arms themselves?

1 hour ago, ATM said:

I thought its the piece of alloy which all the arms attach to rather than the arms themselves?

Correct, my mistake in the description.