What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

56 minutes ago, Rooose said:

Really looking forward to the GTS bumper vid!

Interested in exactly how hard it is - I assume from your comment above, it must be fairly challenging!

It depends I've seen people install them and blank off the centre opening with dark mesh, I didn't fancy that approach and so it was a little more challenging.

42 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

..what about the back DAZ.. Are you doing that too or are you going for a hybrid look?

I think I'll pull my rear boxes in the spring and do the studs and service the valves, or maybe I'll just drop by Daz's gaff with some hob nobs as a sweetener.

I already had the rear sports design diffuser pieces installed, it was one of the first things I did when I got the car. It's certainly a hybrid now with the spyder ducktail and rear lenses.

Chocolate ones I hope 😂

Edited by daz05

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly mild here today, so I gave the Cayman a quick wash for the first time in ages.  She scrubbed up a treat, even after my pathetic and slightly lazy "one bucket" method :lol:

20211231_132733

20211231_135642

Happy new year to all you crazy kids out there :thumbsup_still:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Surprisingly mild here today, so I gave the Cayman a quick wash for the first time in ages.  She scrubbed up a treat, even after my pathetic and slightly lazy "one bucket" method :lol:

20211231_132733

20211231_135642

Happy new year to all you crazy kids out there :thumbsup_still:

Gave my 981 CS a much needed clean after a good run around the Cotswolds yesterday with my wife. I'm a lucky boy, lovely car and a wife that loves zooming round the lanes and is a pretty handy driver herself.

Spent ages, snowfoam, pressure wash, hand wash with 2 buckets, towel dry, detail spray, wheels minted inside and out.

An hour later, a clearly loose bowelled dickie bird from bomber command had dropped several white bombs hitting rear spoiler, boot, rear window, roof, drivers door, bonnet and front bumper.

Oh, how I laughed...

Edited by andygo
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Justchris said:

Added a fixed USB port for the Isudar USB in the cubby hole. Need a new cubby hole as it had already been bodged underneath the rubber mat so couldn't mount the port centrally, and it will bug me. But not too bad for a first attempt.

l8McTDx.jpg

Did you not fancy adding it inside the cubby so the phone doesn't move around when you drive?

22 hours ago, Justchris said:

Added a fixed USB port for the Isudar USB in the cubby hole. Need a new cubby hole as it had already been bodged underneath the rubber mat so couldn't mount the port centrally, and it will bug me. But not too bad for a first attempt.

l8McTDx.jpg

I've only used the port once for a software update so have not bothered finding a home for it. Do you plug your phone into It? 

7 hours ago, daz05 said:

Did you not fancy adding it inside the cubby so the phone doesn't move around when you drive?

I didn't install the usb cable at first, as I use wireless Android Auto and assumed I never need it, however when I had to update to fix several issues I had to remove the whole unit again just to connect up the cable. Initially I simply routed it through the centre console into the cubby. I thought it would be tidier having a panel mount port mounted in the base of the cubby for future use / updates.

Just need to find another cubby and rubber mat to tidy it up for V2.

41 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I've only used the port once for a software update so have not bothered finding a home for it. Do you plug your phone into It? 

No don't routinely plug it in, but like the simplicity of being able to access it easily should I need it.

• Like 1

If you are thinking of relocating into the arm rest - the 718 has a wireless charge pad rubber mat 😉

I have my update USB under the glove box and easy to pull out and push back away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patt said:

If you are thinking of relocating into the arm rest - the 718 has a wireless charge pad rubber mat 😉

I have my update USB under the glove box and easy to pull out and push back away.

Can you fit the 718 wireless charging mat into the 981???

I can't see why not - just need to tap into the power from one of the outlets.  If it were me I'd tap into the one in the passenger footwell as I seem to recall it's got a higher rating for use with the air compressor.

Although Now I'm looking at a picture of one, the connections look more for antenna than power, so best double check.

Part number on the one I'm look at is 9P1.035.502.A

I may be wrong.  But I don’t think the 718 cubby hole  has wireless charging. It has a symbol on it that is something to do with “better mobile signal” rather than wireless charging if I remember the one I had as a loaner.  

and now I think about it, I recall Porsche getting into trouble regarding that too - something to do with transmitting on the providers frequencies without licence or permission and the phone booster was removed from sale.

I think it's produced by an owner with a 3D printer. I question if wireless charging is all that necessary, you'd rather have the phone in your pocket and have wireless service on the PCM for short trips, and if you are putting it in a cubby anyway is connecting a cable all that difficult on longer journeys.

• Haha 1

I’ve got an RS5 as well and the wireless charger on there is around the same size as the area under the armrest in the 981

only really useful on long journeys though, I charge my phone overnight and always seems to last all day Ok

2 minutes ago, Pebisit said:

I’ve got an RS5 as well and the wireless charger on there is around the same size as the area under the armrest in the 981

only really useful on long journeys though, I charge my phone overnight and always seems to last all day Ok

That is a very pretty car.