What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

17 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I took mine out for a nice run around the country lanes and ended up in Ludlow.

51875955529_cc705a84a9_b.jpg

I was mainly taking it to check how the GTS sound symphoser sounds when driven in attack mode and it didn’t disappoint, also the car ran faultlessly after me taking it apart which is both a miracle and a blessing 😂

Looks awesome buddy. I feel a sense of pride as a part of the backroom staff that supported.

4 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Very funny. It's generally not so bad up here on the east honest.

Anyway nothing serious just superficial.

We'll be finding out this summer; daughters are booked in for 2-3 weeks camp around Fort William. Meanwhile I’m told supercar owners are cautious about parking their cars here due to the salty air. Friend took his DB6 back to Cambridge, said when it was here (400m from Atlantic coast) he could see the corrosion worsening. 

25 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Busy weekend, dropped off the new Spyder rear spoiler at the painters and now removing the steering wheel ready for recovering at Royal steering wheels on Monday :king:

Exciting 👍

What are you going for with the steering wheel retrim?

On 7/5/2020 at 8:20 PM, Davidbf1.com said:

cr*p pics, but finally swapped over the side-repeaters on my 981 BGTS to the 911 led ones.

literally took me longer to detach the multi plug / electrical connector than it did to remove and replace the actual indicator unit. Plenty of how-to’s on you tube so didn’t bother with capturing mine.

a VERY subtle mod that most won’t notice, but then we’re mostly all afflicted with the same OCD with these cars!

Standard unit top, new led below

50079661903_f7ac10ca84_n.jpg

existing unit

50080491792_23e201672a_n.jpg

new led 

50080491797_f1f3ba1ddd_n.jpg

@Withy yes, you do need these, did mine 18 mo the ago.

Edited by Davidbf1.com
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

We'll be finding out this summer; daughters are booked in for 2-3 weeks camp around Fort William. Meanwhile I’m told supercar owners are cautious about parking their cars here due to the salty air. Friend took his DB6 back to Cambridge, said when it was here (400m from Atlantic coast) he could see the corrosion worsening. 

Sounds a little dramatic you'll be fine, seaside conditions aren't exclusive to Scotland, the west is generally a bit wet but it's absolutely stunning I'm on the other side, the east generally has far less rainfall.

It can be salty between November and March time so I prefer to keep it tucked away this time of year. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Yes, how did you mount your lego models to the walls like that?

It’s magic 😂

No they are 3d printed wall mounts for the Lego car’s.

51884777340_18ea3437f1_b.jpg

51884777305_f3a77837c3_b.jpg

Some people do use those sticky hooks and bits of string but I didn’t fancy them dropping on car😩

51883159517_32ccf9ef92_b.jpg

The Lamborghini is just there temporarily until I finish building the GT3 RS👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

It’s magic 😂

No they are 3d printed wall mounts for the Lego car’s.

51884777340_18ea3437f1_b.jpg

51884777305_f3a77837c3_b.jpg

Some people do use those sticky hooks and bits of string but I didn’t fancy them dropping on car😩

51883159517_32ccf9ef92_b.jpg

The Lamborghini is just there temporarily until I finish building the GT3 RS👍

So they hang by their front wheels?

Do you have a link to supplier please?

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Floor needs repainting.... :lol:  (I am jealous, obviously)

I agree 😂

Im planning on putting a proper floor in when I get round to it😎

5 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

So they hang by their front wheels?

Do you have a link to supplier please?

The RSR hangs on the wheels, the Lamborghini and Bugatti click on a bracket and yes I will sort a link out later 👍

1 hour ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I agree 😂

Im planning on putting a proper floor in when I get round to it😎

I wouldn't bother with flooring, just a couple of coats of decent floor paint would do the job nicely:

61+zh1nGpXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In other news, I've booked the Cayman in for it's MOT in a couple of weeks.  Not expecting any dramas, but of course you never know.....

Took my Agate 2013 981S (owned it for 8 years) to Porsche Centre Solihull yesterday and picked up a replacement 2016 981S in Guards Red. Amazing car in fantastic condition. In my researches I reckon the difference between a 2016 GTS and an S of the same age, spec and miles is at least £8k and often £10k or even £12k. That's a lot of money for a G & T!  After a test drive in a GTS I couldn't find any discernible difference on the road vs my old S with PASM, Sport Chrono etc, so looked for another well-specified S instead. This one has everything I want, even the recently released MY 2021 PCM maps!   

3 minutes ago, BrianJ said:

Took my Agate 2013 981S (owned it for 8 years) to Porsche Centre Solihull yesterday and picked up a replacement 2016 981S in Guards Red. Amazing car in fantastic condition. In my researches I reckon the difference between a 2016 GTS and an S of the same age, spec and miles is at least £8k and often £10k or even £12k. That's a lot of money for a G & T!  After a test drive in a GTS I couldn't find any discernible difference on the road vs my old S with PASM, Sport Chrono etc, so looked for another well-specified S instead. This one has everything I want, even the recently released MY 2021 PCM maps!   

Nice.  Do you have photos (possibly not given the weather at the moment!)?

55 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Nice.  Do you have photos (possibly not given the weather at the moment!)?

You made me feel guilty. Here's one they sent me before they prepared it properly (!). Let's see if this works.

1AlI4iy.jpg

Edited by BrianJ
updated image link