What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Picked it up from OPC following the rear suspension carrier recall.  Affected parts replaced. Full Geo check and adjust with print out before and after plus descriptive invoice  ( no part numbers or prices) for record. Maintenance book was also updated showing the recall program number and date.

37 minutes ago, Ringer250 said:

Picked it up from OPC following the rear suspension carrier recall.  Affected parts replaced. Full Geo check and adjust with print out before and after plus descriptive invoice  ( no part numbers or prices) for record. Maintenance book was also updated showing the recall program number and date.

I did not recieve any paperwork from Leeds OPC! I expect it will be recorded electronically on the Porsche maintenance manegement system. At least I hope so!

11 hours ago, Desiro said:

I did not recieve any paperwork from Leeds OPC! I expect it will be recorded electronically on the Porsche maintenance manegement system. At least I hope so!

To be fair, I did specifically ask for the paperwork for my records.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BrianJ said:

Took my Agate 2013 981S (owned it for 8 years) to Porsche Centre Solihull yesterday and picked up a replacement 2016 981S in Guards Red. Amazing car in fantastic condition. In my researches I reckon the difference between a 2016 GTS and an S of the same age, spec and miles is at least £8k and often £10k or even £12k. That's a lot of money for a G & T!  After a test drive in a GTS I couldn't find any discernible difference on the road vs my old S with PASM, Sport Chrono etc, so looked for another well-specified S instead. This one has everything I want, even the recently released MY 2021 PCM maps!   

What made you swap from a 2013 to 2016? Was it better and lower miles? 👍🏼

6 hours ago, michelin said:

What made you swap from a 2013 to 2016? Was it better and lower miles? 👍🏼

Just an update really. 2013 car had done nearly 40k miles which isn’t huge but steadily increasing. It had PDK, PASM, Sport Chrono, dual zone aircon, electric folding mirrors, heated seats, nav, phone, F&R park assist, etc so was decent spec and great for touring which is main usage. Idly started scanning the ads for a late 981 GTS but soon realised that a GTS was about £8-10k more than an S of equivalent age, miles and spec which is bonkers. I couldn’t tell the difference on a test drive. Found this 2016 S with 19k miles and all the features of my 2013 car plus PSE, PDLS (so much better than standard Bi-Xenon), DAB radio, Bose, reversing camera (almost essential for my home), TPM, auto dimming mirrors, etc plus 2.5 years Porsche warranty. And 6 cylinders, an absolute must. Immaculate. 

• Like 3

A bit of shameless promotion here.  On 24 April there is a Boxster 25th Anniversary BoXa.net meet at the British Motor Museum Gaydon, please link to the topic below for more information and to note your interest:

2Pi2a5M.jpg

Removed my Isudar board 😢

Driving today and PCM display went blank and sound cut out. Phone showed it was still connected to the board via Bluetooth and WiFi.

Took out the PCM checked all connections just in case something had somehow worked its self loose after months use.

All connections seemed OK, re installed with no change.

Removed the PCM, open heart surgery to remove the board, closed up and reinstalled into car and all OK, even the integrated Bluetooth working again which hasn't worked since the board was installed.

I do find it a little odd that it should fail after I applied yet another update a couple of days ago to fix another issue with the the sound and connection

Really disappointed as I loved having Android Auto, but not sure it's worth the hassle anymore.

Email sent to Kimi and will wait to find out what she suggests 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

I wouldn't be refitting that either.  Joyeauto seems far more reliable.

Seemed like a better option at the time no external box to locate, fully integrated and wireless Android Auto too. Unfortunatly looks like it was money down the drain 😢

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rob™ said:

Very occasionally have a connection issue with the Joyeauto box (power off and back on always sorts it) - on the whole I'm very pleased with it. Use it wirelessly with an iPhone though, so I know that might not help you.

Thanks.

Unfortunately i'm unable to confirm if the Joyeauto can support wireless Android Auto, and without that it's pretty pointless for my needs.

31 minutes ago, Justchris said:

Thanks.

Unfortunately i'm unable to confirm if the Joyeauto can support wireless Android Auto, and without that it's pretty pointless for my needs.

I have joyeauto and wirelessly connect to a Samsung S20 ultra. Although it doesn't connect automatically, it needs a button push on the screen.

58 minutes ago, Justchris said:

Thanks.

It connects wirelessly for me on Android too, I'm pretty sure you see it working on my video. As above your phone comes up in the middle of the screen when you start up and you push and it connects.

Nice to have the cable option for keeping it charged too. 

Edited by daz05
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, daz05 said:

It connects wirelessly for me on Android too, I'm pretty sure you see it working on my video. As above your phone comes up in the middle of the screen when you start up and you push and it connects.

Nice to have the cable option for keeping it charged too. 

I put a wireless charging pad in the arm rest

6 hours ago, T24RES said:

I put a wireless charging pad in the arm rest

I was toying withe the idea of building one into the armrest cubby, but not sure how much I'd use it. I love the fact I can just jump in the car with it in my pocket and it just connects. I can keep it topped up at work 😀

Maybe I'll have to are another look at the Joyeauto then 👍🏻