What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Had my MOT today too. Flew through no issues then took it for a proper blast for the first time in a while and reminded myself why I love the car so much. Roof down, PSE singing away,  it just doesnt get any better!  these cars are just brilliant, always an occasion and so, so much fun!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Played the "trying to wash a black car in the sun and it not looking 4rse" game 

playing a dangerous game,  one of my regular customers, chops and changes cars every few months and hes always buying black cars.   This weekend an A4 cab and in black,  always states min swirls.  

10 hours ago, robporsche said:

playing a dangerous game,  one of my regular customers, chops and changes cars every few months and hes always buying black cars.   This weekend an A4 cab and in black,  always states min swirls.  

Don’t worry. I was careful. Especially after paying to get it ceramic coated!

Kept the car wet and dried as I went along. 

Bought a couple of those super-absorbent drying cloths which are excellent. Those and Wheel Woolies by far my favourite bits of cleaning kit of late. 

FFS. The fact I now have favourite car cleaning items depresses me, I used to be mildly more interesting! 😢😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Managed to get a half decent arty-farty pic of the Cayman the other day - This is the view when I open my front door, and I love it:

20210528_210101

:thumbsup_anim:

Nice picture, funny looking aerial you have sticking out of the top. 

Official Tequipment DAB aerial?  ;)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

Nice picture, funny looking aerial you have sticking out of the top. 

Official Tequipment DAB aerial?  ;)

Bummer, now I will have to PhotoShop that lamp post out, or my OCD will make my head explode.... :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Don’t worry. I was careful. Especially after paying to get it ceramic coated!

Kept the car wet and dried as I went along. 

Bought a couple of those super-absorbent drying cloths which are excellent. Those and Wheel Woolies by far my favourite bits of cleaning kit of late. 

FFS. The fact I now have favourite car cleaning items depresses me, I used to be mildly more interesting! 😢😃

lol,  not sure what that makes me then,  completely boring, i love cleaning cars.   Wheel woolies are great,  you wait it will be addicted, you will need to be with a black car.    Get one of those cheap pet driers and you wont have to hardly touch the paintwork,  there are levels and once you get one of those there really is no going back lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, robporsche said:

lol,  not sure what that makes me then,  completely boring, i love cleaning cars.   Wheel woolies are great,  you wait it will be addicted, you will need to be with a black car.    Get one of those cheap pet driers and you wont have to hardly touch the paintwork,  there are levels and once you get one of those there really is no going back lol

😂😂 I’ve used a mega blaster blower on my car from day one. It’s ceramic coated so the water just runs off. I’ve never hand dried the car the same as my motorcycle. 👍

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

😂😂 I’ve used a mega blaster blower on my car from day one.

OK, my curiosity has got the better of me.... what the hell is a mega blaster blower, and where can I get one? :lol:

Finally, refitted my sun visors. Retrimmed in Alcantara with Carmine Red twin stitching to match much of the rest of the GTS-option Interior.

shout out to Hawkes Autoworks for a superb job. I’ve had them back for about 7 months, but only installed them on Friday. Really happy with the results.

Alcantara visors

Alcantara visors

They look OEM almost especially with the matching red stitching.

My 981 S has full black leather so maybe re-trim in black leather is going a bit far but the Alcantara works for sure. I am looking for a phone mount and see you have one on your passenger vent. Any recommendations? 

9 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

took the 981 & Cayenne for their services...

then got the call at 5:45pm to say 981 service done BUT

nail in rear tyre

one drive shaft needs replacing

rear brakes discs and pads need doing

geo required

£2200 more than the £800 service :( 

and I am still waiting on the Cayenne and if that has any surprises in store

<crossed fingures emoji>

23 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

nail in rear tyre

geo required

<crossed fingures emoji>

Driveshaft! Sorry to hear that not good take it the car felt ok? At least the lack of depreciation makes up for it.

6 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Finally, refitted my sun visors. Retrimmed in Alcantara with Carmine Red twin stitching to match much of the rest of the GTS-option Interior.

shout out to Hawkes Autoworks for a superb job. I’ve had them back for about 7 months, but only installed them on Friday. Really happy with the results.

Alcantara visors

Alcantara visors

Hi David 

Was it your car in the YouTube video with that Geodie guy? If it was it looks fantastic, if not your retrimmed sunvisors look great 👍 

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

nail in rear tyre

geo required

<crossed fingures emoji>

That’s a phone call you could do with out!

And you say the car was driving fine with no noises? It must be very early stages of going, which is a good thing but still annoying.

How many miles are on your car, as I don’t think I’m heard of a drive shaft needing replacement on a 981 before.

Hopefully the Cayenne is fine and there are no more nasty surprises for you 👍

49 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

That’s a phone call you could do with out!

And you say the car was driving fine with no noises? It must be very early stages of going, which is a good thing but still annoying.

How many miles are on your car, as I don’t think I’m heard of a drive shaft needing replacement on a 981 before.

Hopefully the Cayenne is fine and there are no more nasty surprises for you 👍

About 55k, coming up to 8yrs old come September

10 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Hi David 

Was it your car in the YouTube video with that Geodie guy? If it was it looks fantastic, if not your retrimmed sunvisors look great 👍 

Hi, yes that was indeed my car!