What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

2 minutes ago, lofi said:

I’ve never seen anything on my insurance about locking wheel nuts, might need to check

From a quick google I got this which makes sense I guess: 

"If the car is fitted with locking wheel nuts from the factory and you remove them your insurance company would consider this a modification and increased risk. Remove them by all means but don't expect them to pay out if the wheels get nicked. If you inform them you have replaced the locking nuts with standard ones they would pay out but would have increased your premium."

2 minutes ago, lofi said:

I’ve never seen anything on my insurance about locking wheel nuts, might need to check

Think the insurer would treat the removal of factory fit locking nuts as a modification that you'd need to tell them about and let them decide if it increases the risk and possibly the premium

1 minute ago, mja986 said:

Think the insurer would treat the removal of factory fit locking nuts as a modification that you'd need to tell them about and let them decide if it increases the risk and possibly the premium

Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Parked my car on the driveway yesterday, and then noticed the neatly rounded up mileage:

20210425_160636

I am easily pleased, obviously :thumbsup_anim:

I'm just disappointed that the trip counter is not at an appropriate level - say 250.0 miles - symmetry is all important - poor planning... 😬

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I'm just disappointed that the trip counter is not at an appropriate level - say 250.0 miles - symmetry is all important - poor planning... 😬

Gutted, that is going to annoy me now......... :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

If only you'd zero'd the trip...

20210426_142104

Thanks for the suggestion mate, that feels much better and I can sleep at night now... :lol: (I think I might have too much time on my hands...)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

20210426_142104

Thanks for the suggestion mate, that feels much better and I can sleep at night now... :lol: (I think I might have too much time on my hands...)

As soon as you hit 25001 miles, the car is basically worthless , give you a tenner for it 🤣

Glad to hear you're having fun in it.

Edited by iborguk
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

20210426_142104

Good move there chap, glad the moment hadn't passed. 👍

Is you OCD sorted now @rowbos?

I'll bear it in mind when I get to 100k which is only about 50 miles away now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

As soon as you 25001 car is basically worthless , give you a tenner for it 🤣

Glad to hear you're having fun in it.

Make it 15 quid, and we can talk mate...?  Oh hang on, did you mean for the photo, or the actual car...?  If it's for the photo, I will take 12 quid and not a penny less :lol: (The car is obviously not for sale, at any price)

And yes, I'm having fun, the Cayman is brilliant and everything I hoped it would be.  

• Like 1

I tried the free exhaust mod on the 981 today - loosening and sliding the clamped sleeve between the top pipe on the back boxes to create a small gap. If anyone if thinking of doing this, don't bother - with just a 2mm gap the car sounded horrendous, and had terrible drone. At least I scratched the itch. Back to stock now.....

27 minutes ago, Madlil said:

I tried the free exhaust mod on the 981 today - loosening and sliding the clamped sleeve between the top pipe on the back boxes to create a small gap. If anyone if thinking of doing this, don't bother - with just a 2mm gap the car sounded horrendous, and had terrible drone. At least I scratched the itch. Back to stock now.....

You saved me messing about, I was going to try that while waiting for mine to go in for the Sports exhaust next month 👍

• Thanks 1

Took mine to my local garage for an oil change.  Have provided the liquid gold myself to flex my Halfords trade card.

When I quizzed the 'Porsche' Indy they said it was just an oil & filter plus air filters for the minor service, so seeing as my pollen filters I've done and have BMC air filters in  nothing to change there.

Bought new rear smoked lights for my 981 from local OPC. Yet again certain well known Porsche part suppliers are more expensive than your OPC. Or at least following the 10% discount for PCGB membership. But honestly I think anyone can get 10% as I’ve never been asked for proof of PCGB membership. Hopefully get them by the weekend and fitting Saturday or Sunday. 

Its worth working with local OPC and building relationship. Just done on my 2016 S the GTS rears lights, LEDS indicators and Alu fuel cap all way cheaper than anyone else. I got 10 % plus plus . Also done glass wind deflector (German) with PORSCHE logo (copied) and Zunsports in painted rear valance.

Think I am done..............or am I ? 

22 minutes ago, Rob™ said:

Also, Joyeauto parcel arrived safely in the UK. Looking forward to having it installed...

Nice one, I am working on my install video, it's very long as you can imagine and looks like I'm doing a yoga session running the cables ! 

Just now, daz05 said:

Nice one, I am working on my install video, it's very long as you can imagine and looks like I'm doing a yoga session running the cables ! 

I'll be having someone else do it - if I can break something reasonably sturdy like the locking wheel nut tool, I'd be paying out for a whole new stereo if I got my fingers in there... or do those motherboard screws not need to be tightened to 160Nm??

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rob™ said:

Summer tyres back on after their refurb and a subsequent locking nut whoopsie - only £15 for a new nut widget, I was expecting it to be more for some reason.

Interested in who refubed  your tyres 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob™ said:

I'll be having someone else do it - if I can break something reasonably sturdy like the locking wheel nut tool, I'd be paying out for a whole new stereo if I got my fingers in there... or do those motherboard screws not need to be tightened to 160Nm??

Fair enough, the pcm bit is fairly straightforward once it's out.  It's the cable running that is the pain, quite literally!