What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Even on a warm & dry day I had little grip on the rears until they were warmed up (which took about 6 miles).  There are probably owners out there that have only ever fitted N0 PZero's so will never know how good the 981 is.

I replaced the broken windscreen washer hose tonight, the bottom connector took all the time as there was little space.  Found this guide pretty useful, part was £18 from the OPC:

https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-submission-forum/944835-991-windshield-washer-fluid-hose-replacement.html

1072295d1468964980-991-windshield-washer

Edited by RickLS7

On 2/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, moospeed said:

Cool, testing that theory with yesterday's activity.

Cleaned inside the wheels and painted those unsightly caliper bolts.  Driver's side done, passenger side tomorrow maybe.

DKA6EkZ.jpg

Px6bA8D.jpg

Yaay, that worked, cheers @rowbos👍

Nice work 👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RickLS7 said:

Even on a warm & dry day I had little grip on the rears until they were warmed up (which took about 6 miles).  There are probably owners out there that have only ever fitted N0 PZero's so will never know what good the 981 is.

I replaced the broken windscreen washer hose tonight, the bottom connector took all the time as there was little space.  Found this guide pretty useful, part was £18 from the OPC:

https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-submission-forum/944835-991-windshield-washer-fluid-hose-replacement.html

Not a 981 owner but just transitioned from the previous owners 5 year old, part worn, P-Zero's to Michelin PS2's (have to do N rated for warranty). The difference is night and day...part of that of course just being new rubber...

• 2 weeks later...

Well a first for me on any car - had to pop over to Eporsh to get a drop link tightened.

YES TIGHTENED ! normally they need cutting off, but one of mine was trying to make a break for it.

Needed a impact driver to get the job done, all good now.

• Like 1

As weather was good today,got a few midges all over the car so gave her a good wash ready for the morning drive to work again :)

md980Gv.jpg

HLh8tlf.jpg

Edited by mrbikerdood
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mrbikerdood said:

As weather was good today,got a few midges all over the car so gave her a good wash ready for the morning drive to work again :)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/9mVWY05.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/md980Gv.jpg[/img]

9mVWY05.jpg

md980Gv.jpg

• Like 1

Done nothing to it but take it for a blat to West Bay for fish n chips  by the harbour then coast road to Weymouth for a stroll along the beach with the wife,temp didnt get above 13 but wife "let me" have the top down all day lol

6 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

Too nice a day to stay in.  Took it for a blast around the New Forest. 

They really should have made a sunroof option for the Cayman!

😉😁😂

They do a cabriolet. You should look into it.

• Haha 5

On 4/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, Skin said:

The blast to the coast was in car,only 7 degrees so no roof down activity due to co pilot 🤭🤭

Crewing issues. More problems than that funny exhaust option that plagues the forum. 

4 hours ago, Rob™ said:

Test drove an Aston over the weekend, then drove home with the top down on the Boxster... I'm keeping the Boxster 😊

Tell us more Rob.

Which variety of Aston came up short? It must have piqued your interest, so what made you decide against?

It was a V8 Vantage... I'd always promised myself an Aston when I was younger but had been put off by the costs involved - I used to have a fairly high annual mileage and the thought of spending all that money just on fuel to go to work put me off. Now, the work can be done from home and I'm expecting infrequent trips into the office so I thought why not...? It didn't help that a neighbour has gone and bought a DB11 Volante! Beautiful! 

Anyway, the Vantage is a great looking car, and they sound utterly awesome and if someone were to give me one I'd happily accept, but the Boxster just felt like a better all round car. Perhaps because mine is a bit newer, and I' m used to it, and all that, maybe if I was going from the 987. then I dunno... the 981 just felt a better place to be. And with the added bonus of being a cabriolet and I think I'd miss that. 

The reviews back me up too - the Porsche get the better driving reviews whereas the Aston gets the exclusivity.

Edited by Rob™
tweak

On 3/30/2021 at 8:07 PM, Madlil said:

Fitted a set of GTS rear lights. Makes the car look more aggressive at the back - love them...

5Rwr8r9.jpg

ucmczAv.jpg

yoo, how much did this cost? I am thinking about getting this done too, these lights feel so much better 😍

1 hour ago, Tarun said:

yoo, how much did this cost? I am thinking about getting this done too, these lights feel so much better 😍

£435 delivered from 9 Apart.  Expensive but will always be worth +£300 when you eventually sell the car if you keep the originals. 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madlil said:

£435 delivered from 9 Apart.  Expensive but will always be worth +£300 when you eventually sell the car if you keep the originals. 👍🏻

A set available on eBay....not great condition though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USED-Genuine-Porsche-981-Boxster-Cayman-Smoked-Tinted-Rear-Light-Set-/124667165640?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Edited by Madlil
Item not in great condition