What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Rather than getting PWIS coding to remember last used ASS, PSE and Sport setting, I got this memory module from T-design in the states https://t-design9.com/memory_module_porsche.html

Plug and play.

Cost £190GBP, but got stung for £55 VAT, Customs duty and handling charges  😭

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Rather than getting PWIS coding to remember last used ASS, PSE and Sport setting, I got this memory module from T-design in the states https://t-design9.com/memory_module_porsche.html

Plug and play.

Cost £190GBP, but got stung for £55 VAT, Customs duty and handling charges  😭

that's clever

• Like 1

Took the GTS into OPC Newcastle for it's 8th anniversary health check and major service.

All clear, no issues reported, and at £904 a lot cheaper then Edinburgh, Glasgow or Kendal OPC.

Test drove a Taycan 4S Sport Turismo, very nice but very expensive.

I was far more impressed with the MG4 XPower that I also tested...see electric car thread for details!

£36k for 429bhp, 4wd, 4 seats and 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds - amazing!

Booked the Cayman into Dovehouse for a service. Earliest they could do was 5th September, so they are obviously keeping busy at the moment...

Might be an expensive one this time, I reckon the front brakes will need sorting out, plus a few minor points that were raised last time will need inspecting. I've only done 5000 miles since the last service 12 months ago, but I prefer to get it looked at every year instead of 2 years as per the recommended schedule. That's far too long between oil changes IMHO.

Replaced the coolant cap as I had had some coolant warnings which appeared false. The old cap was very stiff to turn and no longer had the "click" over tightening feature, rather like a torque wrench. The new cap went on easily and tightened correctly.  I could see no great damage to the old cap only very minor damage on a small lug on the underside.  It also came to my attention that I should set my C-TEK battery maintainer to the AGM setting as 981s have stop-start facility and are factory fitted with AGM batteries.  A friend here found his 981 a bit dead and had not used AGM on the maintainer. Yeah I know, how did we not know that 🙄

• Like 2

Got my 981s booked into Porsche Mode - Bristol for Wed to have my new replacement TOPGEAR valvetronic mufflers - asked yesterday if possible to drop car off Sat morning as will be a ball ache to get it them teus, no problem they said - dropped off this morning 11.30am - get a phone call @3pm - Mr Phillips, we've done your exhaust, we had nothing on this afternoon & everything went well and it sounds awesome!! 

Very impressed 

Top guys! Will collect it Monday afternoon & I think I'll order the TOPGEAR headers now! 😀

• Like 2

Well collected from Porsche Mode this afternoon  - OMG  I was like a kid all over again driving home,I'm not ashamed to say I had the valves open all the way home - lots of burbles, pops,bangs .... it is a little louder and much better than the original PSE muffler - so glad I bought! 

And with the valves shut a very sensible note not to upset everyone around,of course 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

Well collected from Porsche Mode this afternoon  - OMG  I was like a kid all over again driving home,I'm not ashamed to say I had the valves open all the way home - lots of burbles, pops,bangs .... it is a little louder and much better than the original PSE muffler - so glad I bought! 

And with the valves shut a very sensible note not to upset everyone around,of course 😀

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional....  Glad you love it!

17 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

I had a valved Top Gear exhaust on my 987 and loved it, if my PSE valves fail I’ll go down this route too. Sounds like you’re chuffed !!

On 8/7/2023 at 8:10 PM, mrbikerdood said:

mine's being fitted on the 16th :bana:

13 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

mine's being fitted on the 16th :bana:

You gone for same 😀

I'm so impressed with the build quality  - fabspeed/Amytrix etc are all over twice the price of Topgear and not much difference in sound from the audio I've listened too

5 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

You gone for same 😀

I'm so impressed with the build quality  - fabspeed/Amytrix etc are all over twice the price of Topgear and not much difference in sound from the audio I've listened too

yep, with Carbon tips.

how much did yours cost if you dont mind me asking (pm if you want)?

2 minutes ago, Patt said:

and CC me as it looks like I'll be going the same way.

I do happen to know what they give as a trade discount

dont tell us ffs 🤣

mine is £2075 fitted (RRP of rear section isall £1399 IIRC)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

yep, with Carbon tips.

how much did yours cost if you dont mind me asking (pm if you want)?

Carbon tips - £1389 for the exhaust 

Porsche Mode - fitting charge including some extra clip things £410 including vat

So £1809 in total 😀 

• Like 2