What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

On 5/14/2024 at 8:07 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

I fitted the Spyder/GTS headlights today and had no issues. The finish and the service has been excellent 👌 

53721544204_83562087fd_b.jpg

53721366164_a4b939d47e_b.jpg

I even gave the bonnet a quick machine polish while I was messing 😎

53721542984_96cdd0ab34_b.jpg

What a great upgrade 😎

22 hours ago, Raffe said:

What a great upgrade 😎

I was surprised when I contacted Rennlens. Although their website lists most 981 headlights as “In Stock” that’s not strictly true. Basically they are made to order for an exchange which I’m going to do. Takes them 3 days and obviously they have orders. So I’m now booked in on the 10th June. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I was surprised when I contacted Rennlens. Although their website lists most 981 headlights as “In Stock” that’s not strictly true. Basically they are made to order for an exchange which I’m going to do. Takes them 3 days and obviously they have orders. So I’m now booked in on the 10th June. 👍

It may be me holding them up as I haven’t sent mine back yet 😂 Mine were in stock as far as I know? Maybe different ones are more popular.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Went for a 200 mile blast “Giving it the Beans” on my local ish Welsh Mountain roads ☀️👍 

IMG-5994.jpg

Is there anywhere I can find more photos of your car? Looks ace (first time I've seen it). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cocky said:

Is there anywhere I can find more photos of your car? Looks ace (first time I've seen it). 

Only the odd one here sorry. It’s obviously visually modified with things like GT4 front bumper, side air scoops, rear lights and soon front headlights from Rennlens. Spyder Ducktail spoiler. Porsche Aurum Gold wheels. Sits on the X73 sport’s suspension I had retro fitted a couple of years back along with the PSE. 15/7mm spacers. Internal just Red seat belts and Apple CarPlay. I’d love to get into a 987 Spyder but I’ve invested in this a little as you an imagine 😂😂👍

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Only the odd one here sorry. It’s obviously visually modified with things like GT4 front bumper, side air scoops, rear lights and soon front headlights from Rennlens. Spyder Ducktail spoiler. Porsche Aurum Gold wheels. Sits on the X73 sport’s suspension I had retro fitted a couple of years back along with the PSE. 15/7mm spacers. Internal just Red seat belts and Apple CarPlay. I’d love to get into a 987 Spyder but I’ve invested in this a little as you an imagine 😂😂👍

Non of that counts without pictures! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

IMG-5995.jpg

IMG-5997.jpg
Forgot the GTS Rear splitter 🫣

IMG-5998.jpg

Thanks man! I love this build. This is what the forum needs more of 😝 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cocky said:

Thanks man! I love this build. This is what the forum needs more of 😝 

There’s a whole gaggle of modded 981’s i know of but they don’t use this forum….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raffe said:

There’s a whole gaggle of modded 981’s i know of but they don’t use this forum….

And some great mods thats for sure led by yourself and Kerian 981 the main Cult leaders 😂😂👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raffe said:

Point them our way!

14 hours ago, Raffe said:

Sort them out! 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

And some great mods thats for sure led by yourself and Kerian 981 the main Cult leaders 😂😂👍

I think there’s a few more who are equally as persuasive for spending each others money 😂

• Haha 1

Painted the rear brake bells and tested fitting a space saver spare with a 7mm spacer after I found it fouled the calipers when I needed to fit it on the front.

iGRY9fk.jpeg

It fitted fine on the rear without the spacer.

Y6bxIQB.jpeg

7mm spacer fitted

m3L4J6e.jpeg

MSfymG1.jpeg

Plenty of clearance to the caliper now, so it must only just have fouled the caliper before. Will need to buy some slightly longer wheel nuts.

6Jb0GMB.jpeg

It’s not a setup I’d be very comfortable on, but if it gets me to a tyre centre rather than waiting in the middle of nowhere it’ll be worthwhile. All fits in the frunk👍

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nobbie said:

6Jb0GMB.jpeg

All fits in the frunk👍

do you have any Frunk pics at all - Porsche spare wheels seem to have gone mental in price but its something I am considering 

49 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

do you have any Frunk pics at all - Porsche spare wheels seem to have gone mental in price but its something I am considering 

Fits pretty easily, just got to remember the blanket to wrap the road wheel in when you put it on the passenger seat.

eocFh58.jpeg

Got my replacement PS4 S tyres fitted at Costco. 265/35/20 @ £275 each inc VAT and fitting. Same tyre at Thick Fit is £340, so a decent saving of £129 per pair. Still an extortionate price though.

• Like 1

I paid £300 ea all in last month at ALS Bracknell - and now I find a Costco 3 mins from where I'm working !

Adjusted the handbrake air gap on my 981 Cayman, after a bit of trial and error managed to get them both in the 1.9 to 2.4mm range. Not too hard provided you have a good diagnostic tool to do the measuring for you.

Before, no wonder it was misbehaving...

53740190142_e7420ff044_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2024 at 8:13 PM, Nobbie said:

Painted the rear brake bells and tested fitting a space saver spare with a 7mm spacer after I found it fouled the calipers when I needed to fit it on the front.

iGRY9fk.jpeg

It fitted fine on the rear without the spacer.

Y6bxIQB.jpeg

7mm spacer fitted

m3L4J6e.jpeg

MSfymG1.jpeg

Plenty of clearance to the caliper now, so it must only just have fouled the caliper before. Will need to buy some slightly longer wheel nuts.

6Jb0GMB.jpeg

It’s not a setup I’d be very comfortable on, but if it gets me to a tyre centre rather than waiting in the middle of nowhere it’ll be worthwhile. All fits in the frunk👍

Interesting, I'd dismissed the idea in my head as the road wheels won't fit in the frunk, but in an emergency I guess it could go on the passenger seat with a big plastic bag I suppose. What was the wheel from if you don't mind me asking? and have you tried it on the front or are the rear brakes the only ones that clear.

19 minutes ago, carl s said:

Interesting, I'd dismissed the idea in my head as the road wheels won't fit in the frunk, but in an emergency I guess it could go on the passenger seat with a big plastic bag I suppose. What was the wheel from if you don't mind me asking? and have you tried it on the front or are the rear brakes the only ones that clear.

The wheel came with the car, but is a standard 986 spare. It fits fine on the back without a spacer, but just fouls the caliper on the front. I reckon a 2mm spacer would be enough, but doubt they are available, saw a pair of 7mm ones on eBay for £40 so bought them. I’ve also just bought some Macan wheel nuts as they seem to be longer than Boxster ones, so will make up for the spacer on the front.

The rolling radius will be different, so is bound to throw up some fault codes.

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

The wheel came with the car, but is a standard 986 spare. It fits fine on the back without a spacer, but just fouls the caliper on the front. I reckon a 2mm spacer would be enough, but doubt they are available, saw a pair of 7mm ones on eBay for £40 so bought them. I’ve also just bought some Macan wheel nuts as they seem to be longer than Boxster ones, so will make up for the spacer on the front.

The rolling radius will be different, so is bound to throw up some fault codes.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for one on eBay 👍

installed the Mr12Volt or at least tried to install - the new loom makes it very tight.... not fully happy with the install so will see how I can hide stuff and neaten tomorrow

SSD clone worked though so I now have my original spinning disk safe and another SSD clone [just in case 😆]

• Like 1