What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

8 hours ago, Patt said:

GT4/Spyder run wider rims: 9.5 F 10.5 R

From memory I think the GT4 Rear wheels are slightly wider - when I was looking at replacement tyres for my car that’s why some of the N fit Michelins weren’t an option.  Sorry to be pedantic 😗

Not today, but last week - Interim service + brake fluid and aux belt changed at Porschtek in Leeds (Phil & Tony are amazing).

They also diagnosed play in the lower control arms causing a small amount of "pool ball rattle" noise from the front at low speeds. Had these replaced which was covered by Warrantywise who allowed me to use Porschtek at a cost of £676 to them. Quite impressed with Warrantywise  - all sorted within 2 days.

Edited by Madlil

6 hours ago, Madlil said:

Thinking the same! Is it ok to put them on the rear only, and is it best to go Porsche OEM?

Put them on all 4 corners. The 19s would look even better if you dropped the profile size on your next set of tyres.

Porsche oem are nice but the aftermarket ones are fine also, just get the longer OEM bolts if you go for 5mm spacers.

51 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Put them on all 4 corners. The 19s would look even better if you dropped the profile size on your next set of tyres.

Porsche oem are nice but the aftermarket ones are fine also, just get the longer OEM bolts if you go for 5mm spacers.

Thanks Daz. Spacers are on the list of to do’s. 👍🏻

12 hours ago, Madlil said:

Thanks Daz. Spacers are on the list of to do’s. 👍🏻

A couple of members run the 5mm ones from a company called Freakyparts they are listed as 987 ones but fit the 981 just the same. 

If you go too far with spacers you may find you get even more stone chips up the sides. Watch my maintenance video and consider the PPF bits for the sides if you haven't done so already. 

Edited by daz05

No idea why I couldn't see your original picture.

Looking good Madlil, although I've never been a fan of the 981 18's

I too run the Freakyparts spacers and have done for many years.  Here they are on my 981:

47514362861_1f723c4936_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:59 PM, Madlil said:

Fitted some 19” Boxster S alloys - love them!

before

ErMeDdM.jpg

after

hqkDFBE.jpg

Bowker RV - just around the corner from me... hello!

Anyway, yes, those "afters" are nice. I'll be on the lookout for something to put winters on to, they might be an option.

39 minutes ago, michelin said:

I'm considering spacers for mine.

I run 20's but on the Porsche website I can't see a product listing for this size of wheel. Apparently the set they do stock are not recommended for 20" rims 😏

5mm works ok, which wheels do you have? The 20"sport techno wheels stick out more than the Carerra s wheels anyway.

• Thanks 1