What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

37 minutes ago, mneil said:

Sutton coldfield have an approved used 718 GT4 in Black. First reg February 2020 with 160miles on the clock. Looks amazing!!

If I remember correctly £110K, would that be a flipper?🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

When the 981 GT4 is in the 60s, albeit used, and sounds so much better I really struggle with that.  

Just had the "Martini" S aircon  re-gassed,no leaks etc ,wish I had done it sooner the cabin is nice & ice-cold, so need it,32 at the mo in Somerton,we had to go for a cheeky cool pt after :)

Finally had the rotten zip ties holding my exhaust heat shielding material around the exhaust replaced by stainless steel versions under warranty - well at least without cost to me.  
Seems Porsche don’t supply the zip tie as a separate part so offer to sell you a whole exhaust instead as a solution - even with some goodwill thrown in this was an offer all too easy to decline at £700 a side 😂
Its only taken since February and 2 emails to Porsche  to resolve with a 20 minute visit - customer service not a priority nor common sense clearly.  In days of old would have been fixed by a mechanic - now they all seem to be fitters.

I might have done it myself but the access is awkward without taking wheels off or lifting the car - and then it became a point of principle.  Will be thinking hard about my next warranty renewal and service.  

One argument they tried was “it doesn’t affect the functionality of the car” so it’s not covered - I guess this is the defence used against rusty bolts and delaminating lights, but odd to use for a part that’s rusted through to the extent it’s fallen off the car.  OPC say it’s the same part on all 981s and that they never seen it fail before which is also odd as mines done less than 9k is garaged and rarely driven in the wet.
On the plus side a lovely drive in the sunshine and no waiting around while it was fixed due to Covid.  Tumbleweed blowing through the dealership - must be dispiriting for the staff.

2 hours ago, Carmand said:

Finally had the rotten zip ties holding my exhaust heat shielding material around the exhaust replaced by stainless steel versions under warranty - well at least without cost to me.  
Seems Porsche don’t supply the zip tie as a separate part so offer to sell you a whole exhaust instead as a solution - even with some goodwill thrown in this was an offer all too easy to decline at £700 a side 😂
Its only taken since February and 2 emails to Porsche  to resolve with a 20 minute visit - customer service not a priority nor common sense clearly.  In days of old would have been fixed by a mechanic - now they all seem to be fitters.

I might have done it myself but the access is awkward without taking wheels off or lifting the car - and then it became a point of principle.  Will be thinking hard about my next warranty renewal and service.  

One argument they tried was “it doesn’t affect the functionality of the car” so it’s not covered - I guess this is the defence used against rusty bolts and delaminating lights, but odd to use for a part that’s rusted through to the extent it’s fallen off the car.  OPC say it’s the same part on all 981s and that they never seen it fail before which is also odd as mines done less than 9k is garaged and rarely driven in the wet.
On the plus side a lovely drive in the sunshine and no waiting around while it was fixed due to Covid.  Tumbleweed blowing through the dealership - must be dispiriting for the staff.

inconsistency as ever from Porsche Warranty...

they either 'all do that sir' so its not covered 

or 'we've never had another one fail' so it's not covered 

:(

Seems to me that these days with insurance policies in general the onus has changed to the buyer needing to prove they are covered - moving our multi car cover from LV in September as not only did we not get a refund for next to no useage since lockdown, they actually have the cheek to increase the premium.

Porsche should stand behind their product more - becoming a theme now across various forums that they are seeking to avoid responsibility for basic issues, fortunately mine not serious.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, mrbikerdood said:

Just had the "Martini" S aircon  re-gassed,no leaks etc ,wish I had done it sooner the cabin is nice & ice-cold, so need it,32 at the mo in Somerton,we had to go for a cheeky cool pt after :)

I'm not far from you along the Mendips in Holcombe. Who did you get leak test and service yours ? My aircon is just about working but could do with a service. I have used a mobile guy in the past from north Bristol but I'm a bit further out than he normally goes so it adds to the cost. 

2 hours ago, SteveB72 said:

I'm not far from you along the Mendips in Holcombe. Who did you get leak test and service yours ? My aircon is just about working but could do with a service. I have used a mobile guy in the past from north Bristol but I'm a bit further out than he normally goes so it adds to the cost. 

H&M motors in Somerton - 01458 272395, cost was about £68 + vat,did while I waited (about 45mins) never used them before but the owners wife who works there is my wifes m8,apparently they do work on Porsches but I will stick with Cotswold as it gives us a night away lol

Si

1 hour ago, mrbikerdood said:

H&M motors in Somerton - 01458 272395, cost was about £68 + vat,did while I waited (about 45mins) never used them before but the owners wife who works there is my wifes m8,apparently they do work on Porsches but I will stick with Cotswold as it gives us a night away lol

Si

Thanks may give them a call. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Jim b said:

You have been a busy little bee, stunning. Nice bit of parking by the way. 

the Carbon Collective was recommended by the guys who did my ppf coating; does'nt leave any residue and you can use it on all the plastic parts as well, win win! its also VERY easy to apply and to be honest does'nt need much elbow grease:artist:. It's got to be good, it got the seal of approval from Gareth @Lonewolfgjp praise indeed:bana:

Cruise control retrofitted at Leeds OPC. Decent first time experience there - I requested that they did not wash the car and they complied! Nice added new functionality with the cruise speed setting in the right hand instrument binnacle. Still think the speed +- adjustment should be up and down not in and out on the stalk. I’ll get used to it...

38 minutes ago, Madlil said:

Cruise control retrofitted at Leeds OPC. Decent first time experience there - I requested that they did not wash the car and they complied! Nice added new functionality with the cruise speed setting in the right hand instrument binnacle. Still think the speed +- adjustment should be up and down not in and out on the stalk. I’ll get used to it...

I've used Leeds before now and they have been very good. What did they sting you for the cruise upgrade?

Revolution Porsche in Batley charge around £450+VAT

38 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

I've used Leeds before now and they have been very good. What did they sting you for the cruise upgrade?

Revolution Porsche in Batley charge around £450+VAT

£570 inc VAT so not that much difference really. Also had a full health check for free and they said my car was in fantastic condition. I fancied a visit to an OPC for the first time ever. Some amazing cars to drool over...

• Thanks 1

Fitted zunsport grilles.

Did have some diy grilles in place and now I am not sure which I prefer, the diy ones were a little more discreet tucked behind the slats.

Zunsport clearly better quality but not yet sure if I like the look. 

I will give it a few weeks and see.......

On 8/10/2020 at 11:07 PM, Tony Daniel said:

That link doesn’t mention the 981, only the 987 and 911s, what have you got ??

Just finished an oil change on my poverty crash damaged 981. Also put in another litre or so of PDK clutch fluid. If anyone is interested the plastic filter casing thing is a bit problematic. I ended up leaving my removal tool attached to it. My new MANN filter didn't have a crush ring in the box even though my 2 over MANN filters for different cars both did. I couldn't see one on the sump plug when I removed it so I put it back on without. Then when you're finished there is no way to check the oil level. The car will only tell you the level once its warned up which isn't really helpful. 

20200905-174313.jpg

20200905-174217.jpg

A weeks break for me and the Mrs in the New Forest whilst Mike from MK Auto Detailing carried out a full paint correction followed by the application of CarPro Finest Reserve Ceramic Coating applied to the paint and CarPro Fabric and Dlux applied to roof and wheels. Awesome results 👍

2D4B8E7E-C4FB-416D-8002-1DEC1D9EF4F8.jpeg

Edited by Ringmaster999

31 minutes ago, Patt said:

no they are run off the rear body control unit.  had to repin a connector however full OEM install that way.

Would that be the best way to wire in some oem puddle lights on the doors then? Bugs me that they are just reflectors!