What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

I'm currently working away, and I ordered the kit before the first lockdown.

If I recall it was about £1500 for the kit, plus fitting and alignment. Seem to recall the book quoted 6 hours.

Best to give Russ a call and see how the supply from mainland Europe is working.

3 hours ago, mneil said:

Do love what you did to those wheels 😃. Been looking around for a set of Carrera sports in platinum.

LOL - and I'm looking for a sensibly priced set of the anniversary rims in 20" as I prefer the look of my winters.  I'll shout you if I find a set as I'll be looking to pass on my Carrera S rims.

4 hours ago, Bodge50 said:

Porsche paranoia sets in !! ptx48GX.mp4

fzIVgI2.jpg

Leaves cleaned out - grills fitted 😃Don't think sound works on video clip but sounded terrible !!

Looks good Ade, did you use a hot glue gun or gorrila clear?

Edited by mneil
Predictive text 🤪

A few weeks into the 981: cleaned, polished, protected inside and out, new front tyres (Eagle F1), installed nmautomotive CarPlay, replaced interior/boot bulbs with LEDs, installed a wind deflector (and the necessary retaining parts 🙄), investigating a stiffer rear arb, thinking about front/side grills and heated seats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michelin said:

Do you have the link or manufacturer pls? I like the finer mesh. Good job. 👍🏽

Made my own glued on with Gorilla clear, made in two parts and held on with cable ties until the glue dried.

Patt used a hot glue gun, I think.

Easy and cheap as chips.

IMG_20200508_230312

Edited by mneil
Predictive text 🤪
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mneil said:

Made my own glued on with Gorilla clear, made in two parts and held on with cable ties until the glue dried.

Patt used a hot glue gun, I think.

Easy and cheap as chips.

IMG_20200508_230312

Great job 👍

4 hours ago, michelin said:

Do you have the link or manufacturer pls? I like the finer mesh. Good job. 👍🏽

I got them from radiator grill store.com. Only took 5 days to come- beware of extra £33 customs charges! @mneiloption definitely cheaper .I think they were recommended to me by @Lonewolfgjp

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bodge50 said:

I got them from radiator grill store.com. Only took 5 days to come- beware of extra £33 customs charges! @mneiloption definitely cheaper .I think they were recommended to me by @Lonewolfgjp

https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/boxster-and-cayman-981

https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/product-page/porsche-981-cayman-and-boxster-side-intake-mesh-grills

these?

not cheap

They aren’t cheap but mine fitted really well and look factory. Plus you don’t have to faff about removing bumpers or trimming mesh.

I tried Zunsports on my 986 and wasn’t impressed with the look or the fit. I ordered some more for my 987.1 and only held them up in place before I sold them.

10 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They aren’t cheap but mine fitted really well and look factory. Plus you don’t have to faff about removing bumpers or trimming mesh.

I tried Zunsports on my 986 and wasn’t impressed with the look or the fit. I ordered some more for my 987.1 and only held them up in place before I sold them.

tbf thay do def look better than the zunsports would

10 hours ago, Driyage said:

well.. a few days ago..

Fitted Joyeauto CarPlay kit, replaced the HDD of the PCM with a SSD whilst I had the PCM Unit out too

Interested in this. Which replacement SSD did you use and what size? Did you just clone it from original HDD?