What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

6 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

you using a hot glue gun, intrested as im planning that route 

Bit worried about heat v plastic, so using Gorrila clear. Keep 🤞.

My only worry about gluing the mesh was that when you remove the side vent facias you tend to put fingers in and behind the facia edge to pull it off,  Using tape you would be able to force the grill back. But using glue it is more permanent. Alan

32 minutes ago, alank said:

My only worry about gluing the mesh was that when you remove the side vent facias you tend to put fingers in and behind the facia edge to pull it off,  Using tape you would be able to force the grill back. But using glue it is more permanent. Alan

My hope is that if I need to remove them I can feed long cable ties or sim around them between the plastic panel and ease them out that way 🤞. That method worked when I did the front intake grills.😃

1 hour ago, alank said:

Where did you get the mesh from, it looks smaller than the stuff I used. Have you a link. Thanks alan

Ebay item number: 191694386576

hole size 3.4mm*5mm

Trip over to Wolverhampton and a BIG "Thank you" to Gareth, @Lonewolfgjp for returning my diamond cut Carrera Classic back to looking like new! A complete workshop inside his van, amazing!

The man to visit for your wheels😃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mneil said:

Looks good 😃, bet you're pleased.

yes mate i think it looks alot better if im honest.   will do the other side today.

10 hours ago, 718as said:

Does this not reduce the amount of airflow?

I dont see how,  i took it for a run yesterday for about 40mins and kept a eye on the temp and didnt make any difference.  I found dried leaves in mine when i cleaned them out and it came from porsche dealership

18 minutes ago, robporsche said:

I dont see how,  i took it for a run yesterday for about 40mins and kept a eye on the temp and didnt make any difference.  I found dried leaves in mine when i cleaned them out and it came from porsche dealership

Ive had the same twice (leaves) and would not expect any detrimental effect with the mesh (except no leaves!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickLS7 said:

The two intakes are grossly too big for the 2.7 & 3.4L engine.  The 986 for example has only one intake to the airbox, the other is for engine cooling.

They are intakes and the lower portion a vent, per side on the 981 since it has a dual intake system.  Cooling vents are very important on these they need more actually as the heat kills the coils packs on cars that see a lot of track work.

Edited by daz05