What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Need a picture to totally understand your situation.

I would also not recommend Excel if you have black or apart painted alloys - the black is not as dark as OEM.  Noticeably so when you stick the centre cap back on.

And of course Chris does not do the work, he takes the wheels to Lepsons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mneil said:

IMG_20200422_121222

As an alternative cheap fix for this - get your self a few grades of sandpaper, start low and smooth it out, mask it up and finish and blend with a rattle can of clear coat.  Any time you notice any stone chips on the coat you need to have them filled in or this will happen again.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

ahh water under the clear coat of a diamond cut rim.

If it were me I'd just get them shot blast and powder coated, rather than try to have them diamond cut again.

The clear coat is very thick as I can get my thumb nail under and lift it. 

Will try the 400grit etc first, can only improve the look and it's not as if I have places to go 😭. 🤞

1 hour ago, mneil said:

The clear coat is very thick as I can get my thumb nail under and lift it. 

Will try the 400grit etc first, can only improve the look and it's not as if I have places to go 😭. 🤞

I'd just do as Patt says and get them refurbed but redoing a diamond cut wheel will likely only last 3-6 mth before they go again so I'd consider a change of finish if they were mine

5 hours ago, daz05 said:

As an alternative cheap fix for this - get your self a few grades of sandpaper, start low and smooth it out, mask it up and finish and blend with a rattle can of clear coat.  Any time you notice any stone chips on the coat you need to have them filled in or this will happen again.

did this to my audi s3 wheels and came up really well, go slowly and its surprisingly easy to do a decent repair and ive had no issues with it lasting.

@Adrianb10 better to upload your photos to a hosting site like flickr or imgur then paste the links into the post.  BoXa has very small hosting capabilities, it will display small pics and you will soon run out of allowed space.  Frustrating but it keeps the site costs and maintenance down apparently.

Vacuumed out front intakes on my 981 GTS, removing a good few small stones, bits of twig, the odd half dead wasp, then put my Zunsports back on.

side repeater - 911 led type - is next. Have the parts, just a case of getting round to it albeit it is only a 10 min job apparently.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:19 PM, daz05 said:

Managed to fix my Exhaust 🙂

Brilliant video will be checking mine soon thanks.

Guvs.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Guvs said:

Brilliant video will be checking mine soon thanks.

Guvs.

Just checked mine, It's working fine thanks for the video anyway top job, I've now subscribed to the channel.

Guvs. 

Edited by Guvs

1 hour ago, Guvs said:

Just checked mine, It's working fine thanks for the video anyway top job, I've now subscribed to the channel.

Guvs. 

Cheers Guvs, glad they are working ok and thanks for watching. 🙂

15 hours ago, alank said:

Started to vinyl wrap the side vents and surrounding area with 3m off eBay for £8. Coming on okDw5ijNm.jpg

Did the seller happen to have guards red I can't find it on ebay, and can you share any tips for the wrap.

Thanks

No, only clear. Watching videos, on large areas it is fitted using soapy water on both vinyl and car. But tried on the vent and being such a small area it just dlid around. So I did it dry and it was ok. Once you have stuck it to flat area's, it can be heated briefly and formed around the curvy bits using thumb, does not need to be really hot, a heat gun on low or hairdryer on high . Excess cut using scalpel. Any other questions just ask. Alan

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, Davidbf1.com said:

Vacuumed out front intakes on my 981 GTS, removing a good few small stones, bits of twig, the odd half dead wasp, then put my Zunsports back on.

Did that lot get past the grills?

@Adrianb10  Your car looks great!

If you use Imgur rather than Photobucket you won't get the horrible watermarks!

Edited by Gorsh

2 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Did that lot get past the grills?

No John, took the grilles off in November prior to an inspection. Have done about 350 miles without them on, so not huge build up in there, but once lockdown eased and I’m back out in it....

woudl ideally like to take the front bumper off and I’m sure I’ll find loads more debris, but just lacking a bit of confidence to do that despite some very good how-to guides on YouTube etc. Would prefer to wait and probably get some help, once restrictions lifted.