What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

MOT'd it.  All good apart from advisories for corroded brake hoses/pipes (all of them).  Is there any advantage of replacing with something like this https://www.goodridge.co.uk/products/car-brake-kit-for-porsche-boxster-981-718-2012-up?variant=12844776325185 or are OEM ones fine?

On 2/29/2020 at 9:23 PM, Withy said:

MOT'd it.  All good apart from advisories for corroded brake hoses/pipes (all of them).  Is there any advantage of replacing with something like this https://www.goodridge.co.uk/products/car-brake-kit-for-porsche-boxster-981-718-2012-up?variant=12844776325185 or are OEM ones fine?

I've used the Hel hoses from Freakyparts.

14 hours ago, Laland981 said:

Tinted the reverse/fog light and the rear indicators (GT4 style) pretty pleased with the results. Never been a big fan of the chrome in the rear lenses, the tint tones it down nicely. 4C238EA9-590C-4FA7-84C8-F007C63207F8.thumb.jpeg.ea3b947ce8e7932dff7ab38081a6ce49.jpeg

38785944-D103-4ED4-9298-87DBAC1ED2F7.jpeg

7BB4887E-15D7-4B10-BB4E-5828F7A054F2.jpeg

did you do the 3rd brake light on the car or remove it?

3 minutes ago, Laland981 said:

I didn’t touch the 3rd brake light, it’s still standard. I didn’t touch the red bits only darkened the clear parts.

Good job I fancy darkening the centre reverse light too can you show me what product you used please.

Day 3 of ownership and I replaced the centre caps. These are cheapo ones that a guy gave me when he painted the centre console in my 996.

Not sure they quite colour match, but that could be the flash

IMG_8255.jpeg

I was finally able to dig the Boxster out of the garage for a small run yesterday. First call was to the local hand wash and then of course as I was out I just had to make sure that all was well with a quick thrap up the bypass and away past Cadwell. Hurrah it still works and makes me smile, the more I play with the PDK the more pleased I am with it as a choice. If the weather gods smile the top may even get lowered before the end of the week.

4 hours ago, daz05 said:

@lofi I have 2 good door cards in stock if it doesn't last.

Thanks Daz - currently no delimitation and the fix essentially stops it happening.  I just had the raise end pieces, which I saw on a huge number of cars when I was shopping.  Now sorted.

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

I put the roof down... First time in the 981, seems louder in there than I remember the 987 being (wind noise, etc.)

Engine sounded good though, and I could still hear the stereo when I turned it on (981 is Bose, 987 was basic sound system)

New rear boolies fitted, 16k out of previous pair and they were still very legal (2.5mm), if not ideal. 
#clearlynottryinghardenough

New rear boots after at least 16k miles

Fronts will easily do this year, so will change them end of the year with interim service, or this time next year. 

Edited by Davidbf1.com