What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Decided the take the wheels off on one side (the other side I’ll do later in the week) and cleaned the wheel arches, alloys, and the callipers. They’re looking much better now. I gave the paint inside the arches some of the wheel wax in an attempt to keep them from dirt build up for as long as possible .

One thing I did notice was that there was lots of compounded muck up in the wheel arch lip inside the leading edge at the rear. Something for everyone else to check regularly and clean to prevent any potential rust in the future. 

DD4C4C97-1C02-4247-83EC-1F34A68BAECF.jpeg

43E6885A-742C-4FF6-9DAA-1992A4CDDCD0.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Calypso said:

Decided the take the wheels off on one side (the other side I’ll do later in the week) and cleaned the wheel arches, alloys, and the callipers. They’re looking much better now. I gave the paint inside the arches some of the wheel wax in an attempt to keep them from dirt build up for as long as possible .

One thing I did notice was that there was lots of compounded muck up in the wheel arch lip inside the leading edge at the rear. Something for everyone else to check regularly and clean to prevent any potential rust in the future. 

DD4C4C97-1C02-4247-83EC-1F34A68BAECF.jpeg

43E6885A-742C-4FF6-9DAA-1992A4CDDCD0.jpeg

Looks like a good job; planning to do the same myself, especially as i am aware of the build up of cr*p in the arch lips as you suggest.

14 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Looks like a good job; planning to do the same myself, especially as i am aware of the build up of cr*p in the arch lips as you suggest.

Thanks. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. Had the music on in the background though so the neighbours were probably laughing at my attempt of singing!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Calypso said:

...Also forgot to mention that my new red seatbelts are in and looking great (if I do say so myself!).

F7B9B77E-06A3-4764-A38A-1D96A63E8D67.jpeg

They look great!  I am biased though having a black interior with red belts myself... 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rowbos said:

They look great!  I am biased though having a black interior with red belts myself... 

Same here - looking good!

Reset the "SERVICE NOW" as Lee didn't get round to doing it when it was last in ... quick search on YouTube, plugged in my car tool thing and sorted 🙂

53 minutes ago, Daibrins said:

so what "car tool thing" was that as I need to do mine

iCarsoft Auto Diagnostic Scanner P700 V2.0 for PORSCHE with ABS Airbag Scan,Oil Service Reset EPB DPF BMS ect

Si

Well seeing as cant go any where,I've totally cleaned inside the Box and washed the carpets had to do the wifes car as well but it so looks pucker now lol

17 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

Well seeing as cant go any where,I've totally cleaned inside the Box and washed the carpets had to do the wifes car as well but it so looks pucker now lol

Photos... or it didn't happen... :lol:

59 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Photos... or it didn't happen... :lol:

Ok ….. 😁

c5ZiRyl.jpg

7FECgvc.jpg

VOsXuNJ.jpg

37 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

And the after photos? 😇

🖕 :) in my defence,the bloody camera shows the worst when it looked ok (I thought) 

Edited by mrbikerdood
  • Haha 1

just finished washing n waxing the Box, the wifes car and the truck - I am fcuking knackered! started at 9am!! 

AQOtJYA.jpg

sIR8Yrw.jpg

kEWxUxQ.jpg

9HVGqkB.jpg

Good job there Si did the same with the MG & Boxster couldn't wait to get back to work for a rest.

Guvs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guvs said:

Good job there Si did the same with the MG & Boxster couldn't wait to get back to work for a rest.

Guvs. 

I chilled with a beer 🙂

I actually had a spin out yesterday - had to get food in and the Boxster isn't as impractical as people might assume for a weekly shopping trip. It was my first journey out in a little over two weeks, it's amazing how quite the roads are... 😃

I will have to do something about that chittering steering wheel though - over poor road surfaces, it sounds like a monkey in the froot, which stops if you firmly grip the wheel. I had thought it may have been the squeaky fuel tank on the bulkhead (it didn't happen on the test drive when the car was running on little more than fumes), but I guess not, unless the tank and column are in close proximity (just checked - the column passes through it...).

Edited by Rob™

I've done a few things recently, today I fitted a Zunsport centre grille to go with the radiator and intake grilles.  Also had all four wheels refinished and bought front & rear boot protectors recently.  Also painted the garage floor.

There's not exactly a lot else you can do when you have a Porsche warranty, the Zunsports are pushing it!

SeVf906.jpg

IN7QGYx.jpg?1

tFb5rgo.jpg?1

mtAzfH3.jpg

Edited by RickLS7

59 minutes ago, RickLS7 said:

I've done a few things recently, today I fitted a Zunsport centre grille to go with the radiator and intake grilles.  Also had all four wheels refinished and bought front & rear boot protectors recently.  Also painted the garage floor.

There's not exactly a lot else you can do when you have a Porsche warranty, the Zunsports are pushing it!

tFb5rgo.jpg?1

mtAzfH3.jpg

Where are those protectors from, not seen the rear one before?

53 minutes ago, lofi said:

Where are those protectors from, not seen the rear one before?

They are both on the Techequipment store, the rear part number is 981 044 000 09.

Edited by RickLS7