What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

On 4/4/2020 at 3:13 PM, RickLS7 said:

I've done a few things recently, today I fitted a Zunsport centre grille to go with the radiator and intake grilles.  Also had all four wheels refinished and bought front & rear boot protectors recently.  Also painted the garage floor.

There's not exactly a lot else you can do when you have a Porsche warranty, the Zunsports are pushing it!

SeVf906.jpg

IN7QGYx.jpg?1

tFb5rgo.jpg?1

mtAzfH3.jpg

Those grilles look superb! I'm after a set for mine. Did you get them new from Zunsport? 🙂

A good few weeks ago I cleaned the roof properly on my 981. I used Gtechniq W5 APC and now the roof is well dry I think I'll use the I1 I also purchased to seal and proof it.

I love Gtechniq products. The same as 'Ronseal' products terminology 😁

1 hour ago, michelin said:

Those grilles look superb! I'm after a set for mine. Did you get them new from Zunsport? 🙂

The previous owner fitted the radiator grilles, I bought the side intakes off the for sale section here and the centre front from Zunsport. There’s a discount code available for 20% off. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, RickLS7 said:

The previous owner fitted the radiator grilles, I bought the side intakes off the for sale section here and the centre front from Zunsport. There’s a discount code available for 20% off. 

need to do my side vents,  made my own for the front and they seem to be dong well, not sure the side are as easy, where did you find the code

do love a delivery day, finally ordered some spacers as i was running out of things to do.  Its been cleaned and polished by an inch of its life,  just need to get out there and enjoy the sun.   Will fit on saturday played it conservative and went 7mm up front and 15mm at back as i didnt want the fresh refurbed wheels to be stone peppered too much

Painted wheel bolts black aswell.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Edited by robporsche

13 hours ago, robporsche said:

do love a delivery day, finally ordered some spacers as i was running out of things to do.  Its been cleaned and polished by an inch of its life,  just need to get out there and enjoy the sun.   Will fit on saturday played it conservative and went 7mm up front and 15mm at back as i didnt want the fresh refurbed wheels to be stone peppered too much

Painted wheel bolts black aswell.

What paint did you use?

fitted spacers today 7mm front,  15mm rear,  much happier although they come with a security bolt and im not a fan of them so need to swap that out at some stage.  really happy with the look now.  Tinted reverse light and then had a play around with headlamps, pretty tricky but got there in the end,  too dark and and it should have been light grey but i think it looks a bit brown so took it off.  got some spray tint tomorrow so will have play with that tomorrow and if that works well i might do the windbreaker aswell.

1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

Edited by robporsche

Yes I really struggled to get the most central clip released, and then re-fitting it snapped.  

Nothing a small self tapping screw couldn't fix though.  

I posted more details on my "Alice" post under my rides section.

18 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Ordered a 991 front spoiler and conversation Kit as a first adopter /tester from a Us company , interested to see it when it arrives and do a fitting video/guide 

Cool looking forward to this.

Yesterday took all the wheels off on turn; jet washed, cleaned thoroughly with Autoglym paint renovator and finished off with "Carbon Collective" ceramic coating.😃

Did the brake calipers also, minus the jet wash of course 😆.

Oh and treated the exposed brake pipes to some ACF50.

Unfortunately the wheel rims in places are showing signs of psoriasis 😭. In one area of infection it has lifted what looks to be a layer of very thin Aluminum. It appears that maybes this is applied to the rims like a wrap🤔; it is the shiny part of the spokes with a thin black edging. The wheels are Carrera classics.

Anyone else spotted this?

If I am correct in my assumption, regarding the coloured aluminum foil being applied to the wheel, what will happen when they are refurbished?

Need a picture to totally understand your situation.

I would also not recommend Excel if you have black or apart painted alloys - the black is not as dark as OEM.  Noticeably so when you stick the centre cap back on.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:35 PM, lofi said:

Where did you get the plate with the Le Mans logo?

Stickeredup4lemans.com they also sell on ebay.  I had to slightly trim to fit.

They have pulled their site down due to the virus though.

51 minutes ago, Patt said:

Need a picture to totally understand your situation.

I would also not recommend Excel if you have black or apart painted alloys - the black is not as dark as OEM.  Noticeably so when you stick the centre cap back on.

IMG_20200422_121222