What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Mine had the 6yr service MOT and warranty renewal this week. Back in the garage, but ready for next week, which decent, so will do a few runs.

drove to Taunton with the top down today,plus must book in for MOT this week!

7 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

That’s a great pic David, if it wasn’t for the reflection I’d consider it in a calendar. 

Thanks Meno, yes shame really. Just grabbed a quick snap. If I’d have thought a bit more about it, I’d have asked to pop into the workshop for the shot, sans reflection....

rears now nicely scrubbed-in: left Teesside OPC (roof down of course!), back to Tyneside, met up with @Saxosim and our friend Al with his Speed Yellow 997 C4S and went for a 120 ish mile blast in Northumberland.

wonder if I can pop the car back to Teesside and tell them they’ve “missed a bit” when washed it 😭

On 3/14/2020 at 11:04 AM, Davidbf1.com said:

New rear boolies fitted, 16k out of previous pair and they were still very legal (2.5mm), if not ideal. 
#clearlynottryinghardenough

New rear boots after at least 16k miles

Fronts will easily do this year, so will change them end of the year with interim service, or this time next year. 

Hmmm, 3 observations from this photo, now I see them:

1. The suction from that fatter black tube on the right is strong if it can suspend the rear of the car like that!!

2. that’s NOT my engine, out of the car! Paraphrasing Michael Caine, “you were only supposed to take the [rear] wheels off!”

3. The lighting and angle of the pic, plus reflections, makes the rear spoiler look as though it has a hollow section in the centre....

• 2 weeks later...

More like what has my 981 done to me this morning!

Set off from home and got maybe 50 MTRS  when my near side wing mirror glass decided to jump ship ☠️. Smashed on the road and left a small scratch on the door panel, unbelievable!!

Anyone else has similar 😭.

6 minutes ago, mneil said:

More like what has my 981 done to me this morning!

Set off from home and got maybe 50 MTRS  when my near side wing mirror glass decided to jump ship ☠️. Smashed on the road and left a small scratch on the door panel, unbelievable!!

Anyone else has similar 😭.

Yeah my passenger side mirror started "wobbling" last summer.  Mentioned it when in for a service and they replaced it under warranty.  Apparently not uncommon, glass is glued onto the frame and the glue starts to give way.  I was lucky to get a warning rather than it falling out, as happened to you.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:58 PM, Davidbf1.com said:

Hmmm, 3 observations from this photo, now I see them:

1. The suction from that fatter black tube on the right is strong if it can suspend the rear of the car like that!!

2. that’s NOT my engine, out of the car! Paraphrasing Michael Caine, “you were only supposed to take the [rear] wheels off!”

3. The lighting and angle of the pic, plus reflections, makes the rear spoiler look as though it has a hollow section in the centre....

A saddo that I am, that's not a suction tube for the car its to put your droid in the back aka Star Wars.

• Like 1

So i got my refurbed Carrera S rims back, i had bought some Getechniq C5 ceramic so with the current time off i decided to crack on.Did the full decon and prep and then coated the outside faces and inner barrels,also did the GTS rear diffuser fitting and coated that and the side vents as well.Still have half a bottle left.Will monitor to see if its all its cracked up in helping to  keep the wheels brake dust and  tar free after a light hose off.

C5 wheel armour is as good as the rest of the Gtechniq range, be aware though I think you arent supposed to recoat at a later date (I could be wrong)

Tar is a bugger either way so you may not notice too much difference with that but brake dust and general cleaning you will

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Patt said:

Interesting that you have used the wheel coating on the plastics.

I have some C4 to test - might just throw some on my summers before I fit.

Supplier suggested it, I’d imagine it’s the same as regular getechiq  paint coatings as wheels are exactly that...