What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

27 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

No John, took the grilles off in November prior to an inspection. Have done about 350 miles without them on, so not huge build up in there, but once lockdown eased and I’m back out in it....

woudl ideally like to take the front bumper off and I’m sure I’ll find loads more debris, but just lacking a bit of confidence to do that despite some very good how-to guides on YouTube etc. Would prefer to wait and probably get some help, once restrictions lifted.

Phew! Thanks David I thought for second some of that detritus had bypassed the grills!! I know what you mean about removing the front bumper, if and when I do it I'll enlist the help of some of the guys on here who have done it before! 

My thoughts exactly the same John, don’t want to feck it up by simply not releasing a didn’t know is there etc.

having seen all the cr*p that @Toeside dropped out once he removed his bumper, I know there will still be quite a bit unseen, but at least I’ve cleared what was there at the front, before the grilles went back on.

44 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

My thoughts exactly the same John, don’t want to feck it up by simply not releasing a didn’t know is there etc.

having seen all the cr*p that @Toeside dropped out once he removed his bumper, I know there will still be quite a bit unseen, but at least I’ve cleared what was there at the front, before the grilles went back on.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here who will lend a hand David as and when you decide to do it 

Not difficult to do on your own.

There is a video of how to remove all the trim linked in Daz05's video.  The funk plastics slide rather than pop.  Ohh and a c-clip at the top of each side that took me a while to find (not present of earlier cars) that makes refitting a perfect fit each time.

I have tinted my high level brake light and cleaned and treated the external plastics this weekend.

Before:

49797721291_eab385eb77_b.jpg

After

49825345626_a0ca2dea86_b.jpg

Will have to wait to check night illumination is safe (need someone to press pedal) however only a 25% tint.

2 hours ago, Adrianb10 said:

car looks shiny and ready to be let out 🙄

Must be the colour as it's not been cleaned since last August! Saying that it has only been driven 3 times since then.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:22 PM, mrbikerdood said:

Well seeing as cant go any where,I've totally cleaned inside the Box and washed the carpets had to do the wifes car as well but it so looks pucker now lol

Thats the problem, any love lavished on the Boxster needs to be done to wifeys car and then my kids, I say kids, 27 and 23 but they want the same done to their cars, so have to hide any love given bit like having an affair.

12 minutes ago, the baron said:

Thats the problem, any love lavished on the Boxster needs to be done to wifeys car and then my kids, I say kids, 27 and 23 but they want the same done to their cars, so have to hide any love given bit like having an affair.

I had to do the wifes car 1st though!

If I recall I “won” 1000 PY for £2,300 plus fees which equates to just over £3,000. 1000 NY went for £2,800 plus fees at the next auction but I decided I’d already been too frivolous with my number plate purchases.