Moving over to a 981

Rooose

Having just agreed on a deal for a 981 and finding a buyer for my 987, I am now impatiently waiting until next Thursday to pick it up.

I have had the 987, my first Porsche, for just over a year but 6 months into my ownership, I just knew a 981 was where I wanted to be and a few test drives pre lockdown confirmed that! The 987 has been brilliant but my midlife crisis calls for a bit more refinement and I just love the looks of the 981.

Have to admit, I am probably paying more than I would like for the car, but finding one that had the right colour/spec has been way more difficult than I expected so when this one cropped up and they offered a great Px against my daily Volvo S90, i just thought sod it, let's do it!

It will be a 2015 Boxster S , rhodium silver with a few of my must have options. PDK, Chrono, sports seats plus, ext. Leather, Bose, sports steering wheel, Carrera s wheels, as well as a few more options.

I can't wait and will share some thoughts once I've had a bit of time behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, Rooose said:

Oh and forgot to say, great videos Daz, they have both helped me make my mind up and cost me more money! 😀

Nice to hear they help people 👍 I enjoy making them and keeps me out of mischief.

Sounds a great spec car.  Pay what the car is worth to you. Funny I hear alot of people across different forums saying you won't be able to sell a car and I sold my Audi S3 yesterday in this market. I did try we buy any car and this week I've and a daily email with them upping their offer so they obviously think something will happen with the market.

10 minutes ago, robporsche said:

Sounds a great spec car.  Pay what the car is worth to you. Funny I hear alot of people across different forums saying you won't be able to sell a car and I sold my Audi S3 yesterday in this market. I did try we buy any car and this week I've and a daily email with them upping their offer so they obviously think something will happen with the market.

My understanding with we buy any car is the increased offer is worthless as they still offer you less than your original offer when you turn up.

7 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

My understanding with we buy any car is the increased offer is worthless as they still offer you less than your original offer when you turn up.

Tends to be pre auction price.

Does seem an interesting market at the moment. I had considered waiting for the bottom to fall out of the market sometime later this year but a. I am too impatient and b. as I had px and my 987 to sell, I thought I would just pull the trigger now.

In the end, I sold my 987 within 24 hours of advertising it and the px offer for my other car was excellent (I assume because there was lots of margin in the 981).

I definitely notice that supply of 981's in particular is scarce - whether this will change, I don't know, but for me it was the right spec and colour, so just had to to say yes!

Am sure that the value of some cars have been hit hard recently but never seems to apply to Porsche.  Everyone's looking for well spec'ed models so always lots of interest and they go very quickly.

Enjoy your new Boxster.

Nothing wrong in thinking you’ve overpaid if it's the car you want. Far better than 6 months down the line struggling to find another and wishing you’d bought it. 

Looking forward to the pics.

Waiting, that’s the worst part but will all be forgotten once you get the keys. Congratulations, looks like a good spec and colour

On 6/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, robporsche said:

Thats good news Rob ,although thats  looks like i wont be buying it now 😌

Well..... picked it up yesterday and wow, just wow. All I could have hoped for and more. A fantastic car and in my eyes a massive upgrade from my 987. Although different, and I get that the 987 will suit other ore, the 981 for me is perfect. Great sound, superb looks, lovely interior and the refinement I have been craving.

PDK is magical and the PSE - music to my ears!

I am not posting any pics yet - I can't bring myself to do it after a 200 mile journey through yesterdays monsoon and will give it a clean before taking any. At least I know it doesn't have any leaks!

Really looking forward to getting to know it some more......

19 minutes ago, Rooose said:

Well..... picked it up yesterday and wow, just wow. All I could have hoped for and more. A fantastic car and in my eyes a massive upgrade from my 987. Although different, and I get that the 987 will suit other ore, the 981 for me is perfect. Great sound, superb looks, lovely interior and the refinement I have been craving.

PDK is magical and the PSE - music to my ears!

I am not posting any pics yet - I can't bring myself to do it after a 200 mile journey through yesterdays monsoon and will give it a clean before taking any. At least I know it doesn't have any leaks!

Really looking forward to getting to know it some more......

Sweet, pics when you're ready. You're options are very similar to the car I'm getting. How many miles on her?

4 minutes ago, Patt said:

You need to change your profile now 😉

Hope to see you about , as I am often in and around Basingstoke in my Rhodium one (Alice):

47514362861_1f723c4936_b.jpg

Damn, these Rhodium's are making me drool...

Archived