I crashed my 986, but I saved the smart top relay - who wants it?

ICrashedMy986SadFace

57 minutes ago, edc said:

You should find that your routine will be sit down, start car, unlatch, hit switch get up, step out, chop, get in, clip seat belt and the roof will be stowed by then 

Open door, start car (do not sit down, as you will have to go to the effort of getting back up again) unlatch, hit switch, then stand there without having to hold your finger on the switch until the hood is in position to do the chop, hit switch again to stop hood, do chop, then press the switch again to complete cycle. 

The only advantage (if you can call it that) is not having to hold your finger on the switch. 

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, the thread has been reinstated as @ICrashedMy986SadFace did indeed send the relay to @Boxob for reimbursed postage costs only.

My apologies, there are good people in the world still. B) 

Time for me to have an extra helping of humble pie. :pizza:

On 11/13/2020 at 7:07 AM, Menoporsche said:

First post, please send money to Switzerland, £10 for a product that normally costs £150... I’m sceptical. 

Pleased to be proved wrong :) 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:31 PM, ICrashedMy986SadFace said:

So this happened about 3 years ago. I'm ashamed to say that I wrote my old boxster off whilst driving to the car wash before the buyer was due to come the next day. I felt like a proper berk for months. Anyway, while I was waiting for the tow truck to drag it off the road I had the presence of mind to rip out the smart top relay. Now its just sitting here, looking at me, judging me...

Anyway, its yours if you want it, all I ask is that you cover postage. I'm based in Switzerland so it will be around GBP 10 - 20 at a guess.

Stay safe out there!

I never doubted you.... 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:31 PM, ICrashedMy986SadFace said:

So this happened about 3 years ago. I'm ashamed to say that I wrote my old boxster off whilst driving to the car wash before the buyer was due to come the next day. I felt like a proper berk for months. Anyway, while I was waiting for the tow truck to drag it off the road I had the presence of mind to rip out the smart top relay. Now its just sitting here, looking at me, judging me...

Anyway, its yours if you want it, all I ask is that you cover postage. I'm based in Switzerland so it will be around GBP 10 - 20 at a guess.

Stay safe out there!

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your generosity. 
Will you be rejoining the Boxster world? 

14 minutes ago, ICrashedMy986SadFace said:

Hello!

I'd love to get another porsche, but depends on finances and family - you know how it is.

Dear mods - I don't blame you for being sceptical. You do your best to protect your community and I appreciate that.

I wouldn't try to justify @Araf's action. He makes all sorts of wrong and unfounded assumptions about me... you're not the only one. Although he ahs never called me a thief... yet 

Archived