Smart top relay

Cheddar Bob

It allows roof operation without the handbrake on and up to 30 mph (kph?). 

There is a hack that lets you modify your existing relay but it doesn't have the speed limit detection or the overload detect it you leave it latched but still press the button IIRC.

1 minute ago, ½cwt said:

It allows roof operation without the handbrake on and up to 30 mph (kph?). 

There is a hack that lets you modify your existing relay but it doesn't have the speed limit detection or the overload detect it you leave it latched but still press the button IIRC.

Thank you. I had no idea 

The thread has gone.  First post asking for people to send a tenner postage for a 'free' £150 relay?

Maybe I should have left it for the gullible to be mugged off?

If he sends me the relay, I'll then send him the tenner and give the relay away to someone on here, posting it to them at my expense - I won't hold my breath....

6 hours ago, Araf said:

The thread has gone.  First post asking for people to send a tenner postage for a 'free' £150 relay?

If he sends me the relay, I'll then send him the tenner and give the relay away to someone on here, posting it to them at my expense - I won't hold my breath....

Well I was only interested in what this relay was. Someone quoted my question and I was keen to see the answer 😁

10 hours ago, Araf said:

Probably don’t say this nearly often enough, Thank you for all that you do as a moderator for this forum @Araf your work is highly appreciated🙏🏿

3 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Well I was only interested in what this relay was. Someone quoted my question and I was keen to see the answer 😁

That's fine and no insinuation was being made that you were one of those being taken in.  I couldn't believe some of the older members, who seemed to be taken in.

As you have a 986, if you do go down the SmartTOP route, there's a couple of types.  You need to know you have the correct one when buying secondhand so have a look at the different threads around here, before taking the plunge.

IMHO, they're an expensive upgrade but if you resell them when you sell your car, you can get all of your money back.  Have a look around for previous threads.  :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

Probably don’t say this nearly often enough, Thank you for all that you do as a moderator for this forum @Araf your work is highly appreciated🙏🏿

Not necessary and there will be times when you wish you hadn't said that. 🤣  D8ean's the one who needs thanks for providing the platform.  I hope he doesn't mind me saying that he's in secondary retail in London, so you can imagine the caning he has taken this year. :( 

36 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Ok folks, price of the calendars has just doubled...

@Araf, is it worth a post to highlight the email address for Paypal contributions to the forum - I'm happy as I'm sure others will be to chuck a few quid in towards running costs?

11 minutes ago, rowbos said:

@Araf, is it worth a post to highlight the email address for Paypal contributions to the forum - I'm happy as I'm sure others will be to chuck a few quid in towards running costs?

this feature was added to the website

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/subscriptions/

16 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I've already asked the other moderators about this.  This site is a joke, when you want to contribute.  I know because of the e-mails I field from people asking the question.

9 minutes ago, Southy said:

7 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Thanks Grant, yes I forgot that was there now :) 

So had I.  The other moderators will be tutting at me now. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Araf said:

I've already asked the other moderators about this.  This site is a joke, when you want to contribute.  I know because of the e-mails I field from people asking the question.

It doesn't help at the moment with the lack of menus/icons to identify the appropriate section to look in!

3 minutes ago, Araf said:

For everyone else if you click on your own name/Avatar at the top right of the forum page a menu will display - select Manage Subscriptions and use Paypal to contribute...

On 11/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, Araf said:

On 11/14/2020 at 11:44 AM, Southy said:

Anyone see had difficulty using this link. When I put my address in it doesn’t recognised it and says required field highlighted in red. Tried 3 times. No joy. 

Details of my smart top relay install below.......I love it, use it all the time.......nb I can send you a print out of the post if you send me £10 😉

Archived