How many miles to a tank....

Cheddar Bob

How many miles to a full tank of fuel  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you get to a full tank of fuel?

30 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

OBC is a bit optimistic ime

agree, but rarely do full tanks.  Those I do are 320 - 340 IIRC but often motorway mileage.  The 3.2 is definitely thirstier than the 2.5/2.7 but I didn't buy it to get good fuel mileage get down to ¼ tank and put in about £40 normally.

In my humble 2.5 and using my drive to Dartmouth and back the other day which included a combination of motorway miles 220m (Cruise control set at 77mph) and some B roads 70m some of which were driven in a spirited manner I averaged 32mpg and with my tank on full the OBD showed 289 miles.

So I actually got closer to 290m before the red petrol light came on and that will usually give me another 25-30m.

So I reckon I could get in excess of 310-320 per tank depending on how brave I was feeling at the time based on the above driving.

Note: My car uses zero oil and water, do others find the same with their cars?

I don't usually let my fuel go below half a tank before filling up, but the range indicator says around 420-ish miles when it's full, and the average MPG indicator seems stuck on 29.5.  I don't know how accurate these are, and I can't say I think about it too much either.  I drive mine relatively gently most of the time (compared to a lot of you hooligans :lol:) so that would probably explain why I'm the only one so far who's voted for 380+ miles to a tank..................

36 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I don't usually let my fuel go below half a tank before filling up...

So you're permanently carrying around the equivalent of a five stone passenger!  

1 hour ago, Cheddar Bob said:

So does putting Warwick Davis in your frunk, but I don't see many trying

He looks pretty solid, more than 5 stone I'll warrant 😃

1 hour ago, Cheddar Bob said:

So my odometer just ticked over to 350 for a weeks worth of commuting. Could probably get to 360 - filled 52.5 litres.

Not too shabby...

2 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

So my odometer just ticked over to 350 for a weeks worth of commuting. Could probably get to 360 - filled 52.5 litres.

A tank only lasts a week?  IIRC in April, but tank of juice lasted well over a month. ;) 

FTR, on the way to France, in September, we managed 535 before filling with around 20 miles left in the tank - AND I got a speeding ticket. :blush2:

12 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

On the way to France?

Remind us where you live again?

I got lost. :blush2:

On the way to our French destination.

19 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Ex-work colleague lives in Canterbury which we used to refer to as France, so you must qualify as South of France surely 😀 ?

I was brought up in Canterbury.  A lovely city.  As for my location, if I went any further south, I'd get wet feet - as would people in Southern France, so maybe I am? :)

Archived