What's this roof bit called !?

beaks

Hi folks,

Spent a while trawling through the E_987_Katlog I just can't find this part - 

C6464736-0-AAE-46-BC-8-B14-AAFCD23-F19-D

As you can see in the photo mine is getting as bit worn and I'd like to change it. 

A part number would be ace or even where in the pdf it can be found... it's be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian B

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Drawing 811-010 item 2?

you could well be right chap - just looks like mine is blue and there's no infinite amount of part numbers...

will look into it though, thanks 🙂

thanks for the messages about the flocking kit - give me something to unbolt and bolt back on and it's no drama...

practical tasks like using a kit like that - I'm almost certain to screw it up!

cheers chaps.

11 minutes ago, beaks said:

thanks for the messages about the flocking kit - give me something to unbolt and bolt back on and it's no drama...

practical tasks like using a kit like that - I'm almost certain to screw it up!

cheers chaps.

I flocked mine in situ , just covered up the surrounding bits.

Apparently the frame part is quite fragile but hey that's Porsche Plastic for you, wants to commit suicide if you look at it wrong.

5 minutes ago, Freeman said:

🤨🤥

What is flocking kit? What us flocking? :blink:

Flocking refers to the act of covering a surface with fibre particles, you apply a glue to the surface to be flocked and apply the fibres with a "puff-applicator".

if you go back a few posts on this page you will see the flocking kit I also used.

Or if you seal has gone bald of flock you could drop £200+ to replace the roof part 🙃

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Flocking refers to the act of covering a surface with fibre particles, you apply a glue to the surface to be flocked and apply the fibres with a "puff-applicator".

if you go back a few posts on this page you will see the flocking kit I also used.

Or you could drop £200+ to replace the roof part.

Thanks.

I have seen your post, have never heard this term before, every day is a school day.

Just now, Freeman said:

Thanks.

I have seen your post, have never heard this term before, every day is a school day.

Yes it was new to me too until I had a go to avoid the £200+ spend.

Finish wasn't factory perfect but good enough for me to stop being irritated by it.

Archived